Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thanks a Million Hero Arts and a Ramble

Today is my last day as a Hero Arts Hostess and this is a card I made to say thanks a million for the fantastic and fun time I’ve had over the past three months!

Hero Arts is the most amazing and generous company and I'm so happy that I came across them shortly after I started stamping - I have been a huge fan ever since! So for me it was an honour and an absolute pleasure to be a Hostess.

Thanks a Million Hero Arts!
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Clouds, What’s Cooking, Just a Note Bird and Dolls

I applied faded jeans distress ink to the Clouds stamp, spritzed well with water and stamped on watercolour paper. I added an extra branch to the branch image as I wanted to cover up a seam in my sky! The little flowers each represent my sister hosti and friends – Linda, Sharon, Anita and Sally. I white embossed the apron on some pp and pieced the hearts.

I must have had flowers and blue skies in my mind from yesterday. We spent the whole day in Glendalough and enjoyed sunny weather, the company of good friends, a lovely picnic and a ramble – a great way to spend the day.

Some of the views along the route we took - my photos never do justice to the amazing scenery.








A herd of wild goats.


Some of the pretty wildflowers we came across






The ferns starting to unfurl.


On the way to the monastic settlement.


St Kevin’s Church or St Kevin's Kitchen


Glendalough Round Tower which stands 30m high.


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

It was fun time with you as a Hostess Heather. Lovely card. Your photographs make me want to come to Ireland always. Oh!!! we have got an Irish neighbour...lol.

Ger said...

I've loved looking at your cards during your hostess stint and I'll continue to look for inspiration on your blog! Love the cloud stamp and stitching.

I love Glendalough too, it's been a while since I was there.

Ger x.

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Heather, Love your apron blowing in the wind, what a cute card. I shall miss our constant emails and chat, Its been so much fun over the last few months. Thank you for all your help.
Hugs
Sally

Barb said...

Heather, those first few photos look like paintings. . .just beautiful! I love your sweet, adorable card! So perfect to say thank you to Hero Arts! You did an awesome job being a hostess! Thank you for all the fun!

Judy1223 said...

Heather, your thank you card is so SWEET! I love the apron blowingin the wind...and the flowers to represent the colors of the other hostesses...CLEVER!

As for the pictures from your day out, I loved seeing each and every one of them! The year I graduated from college I went to Ireland with my mom (her grandparents were from County Leitrim) and we toured for almost two weeks. I was immediately reminded of our trip when seeing your pictures...St. Kevin's Kitchen and Glendalough Round Tower look so familiar, I think we may have seen them. Even if we didn't, they are lovely pics. Thanks for sharing!

Patricia said...

super cute card I love it you are a super sweet hostess!

Nancy K said...

Gorgeous card, Heather...those tiny flowers are just the perfect accent! You are a wonderful hostess and I look forward to seeing all of your gorgeous and clever projects in the future.
Thanks for sharing those fabulous photos of your day yesterday...wow, that scenery is breath-taking! So glad you had a wonderful time.
blessings!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great card, Heather - love the green apron wafting in the breeze and the sweet flowers representing the rest of us! Sorry to see this amazing adventure end but it was great fun being a Hero Hostess with you!!

And what amazing photos from your rambles! I love the flower with the purple :) and beautiful scenery!! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn T said...

Loved the card Heather, You were a great hostess... very inspiring.
Loved seeing your photos too. What a great day for a trek.

Chris Millar said...

It's been wonderful to see you as a hostess Heather and you've always be so supportive to all the people on the Hero Arts group!! Thank you again and I'm glad you like my card that was inspired by yours!! And, what gorgeous photos of your country side! Would love to come to Ireland one day - I'll keep dreaming!

Trinh said...

Your photos are gorgeous, just like your cards, Heather! It's probably bittersweet to have your Hostess time end but going back to work. I know we'll still see you lots around the group.

Maria said...

Very cute card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails