Monday, June 20, 2011

Fuzzy Quilt Card

When I saw Cath's I'm Sew Excited! Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, I just had to make something! The challenge is to use sewing icons on a project. I love quilts so I wanted to incorporate something to do with quilts on my card and used this sentiment because I thought it would go with the idea of being snuggled up in a quilt.

Fuzzy quilt card
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Everyday Sayings & Sew Artsy

I had patterned paper (Tulip by Andrea Jayne) left over from some baby cards and cut these into squares and circles for the scallop edged “quilt”. The pieces were randomly put together and machine stitched with a small zigzag stitch. The base of the pin cushion was coloured with watercolour pencils. I cut the top of the pincushion out of a scrap of felt and added the Hero Arts heart gems (thanks again, Anita) to the tops of ordinary pins. The “fuzzies” letters were also cut out of felt scraps using an X-cut alphabet die.

Fuzzy Quilt Card

I love Lisa Spangler’s Make-It+mail-It Challenge so I’m also submitting the card to her challenge as it will be on the way to a friend very soon.

10 comments:

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Heather! The scallops add so much - I LOVE it!

Maureen Morton said...

You may have heard it, when I saw this dear card I said "Ahhh!" right out loud! This is so dard sweet, Heather! Love the stitching and all the adorable details. Good luck with the challenge.

Isha Gupta said...

WOW!!!Heather this is simply cute and adorable and...and ...and.
Love the details and superb stitching. TFS.

Barb said...

Heather, this is amazing! I love the hand made feel! Can't believe you cut out all those circles for your scalloped edges! Looks fabulous and I ADORE the fuzzy, soft felt!

Anna Seniw said...

LOVE it!!! The colors are perfect and what a great idea!!!! Don't know if I'd be able to do that much sewing........kudos to you!

Deirdre said...

Heather - just amazing.

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous quilt card Heather, I love the pastel colours and all your detail.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super cute design, the fun, pastel colors make me happy!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

GAH!!! This is so sweet! Love the felt so much, Heather! :)

And, thanks a ton for entering the Make-It + Mail-It challenge! Your friend will LOVE it!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails