Monday, August 8, 2011

Coffee and Cream Hydrangea

Every time I’ve looked at the examples of botanicals at the Fanatical About Botanical Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, I’ve been drawn to all the gorgeous fabrics. So I thought I’d have a rummage through my stash of upholstery fabrics to see if I could use any of them on a card. I had decided on coffee and cream colours and found a couple of fabric pieces that I could use.

Coffee and Cream Hydrangea
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Hydrangea, Old Letter Writing and Every Day Sayings

I stamped the Hydrangea on a piece of frayed fabric, added liquid pearls to the flower centres and once dry added some diamond stickles (unfortunately, I can't seem to catch the sparkle in a photo). The sentiment was stamped on cream card with walnut stain distress ink and some antique linen distress ink was applied around the edges of the tag. I stamped the punched butterfly with the Old Letter Writing using antique linen distress ink and made a little bow from some Hero Arts lace.

13 comments:

Petti said...

This is very pretty. Love the cream tone of your card.

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card Heather. Love the texture that the fabric gives the card

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card Heather and a great way to use up scraps of material!

Els said...

Love it!! The textures on your card are marvellous!!

Barb said...

So beautiful, Heather! Love the way the hydrangea looks on the fabric!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Heather - that Hydrangea is beautiful always!

Maureen Morton said...

Can't believe you, Heather! Always something new and totally amazing! Love the softness and texture of this - so elegant and lovely.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

What a special card - love all that pretty fabric! And I can imagine how beautiful all that sparkle must be! Gorgeous card!!!

Unknown said...

love the woodgrain adn fabric, so pretty!!!

Rosemary said...

you always create the most amazing cards with fabric, heather... this is no exception!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Heather! What a stunning card! I love what you've done with the fabrics and this challenge!!! ;>

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Monica said...

LOVE this card! So neat and vintage and chic. Adorable.

xxx Monica

Related Posts with Thumbnails