Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shades of Autumn

I really love the glorious range of colours on trees in autumn. This week on the way to work, I've been enjoying the beautiful displays nature has on offer, glowing in the early morning sunlight. So with these colours in mind, I made this card for the current Hero Arts Challenge and the Lily Pad Cards Resist Challenge.

Shades of AutumnStamp - Flower Text (Hero Arts)

To start with I embossed the image in white on white card and applied spiced marmalade and rusty hinge distress inks. I embossed the image again in white on white card and applied distress inks (walnut stain, barn door, mustard seed and shabby shutters) to the flowers and leaves. Now I really have inky multicoloured hands! I pieced the flowers and leaves and added gems and buttons to finish.

Hope you are all having a great weekend:)

9 comments:

Brenda said...

That's beautiful Heather! I am now motivated to go and get inky! This is a gorgeous card!

Lin said...

What a good idea to bring autumn colors to this stamp and make it more versatile, Heather! So glad you joined us this week at the Pad!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous colours Heather, love the bright Autumnal orange and great paper piecing.

Patricia said...

So beautiful colors and card I love it =P

Anne said...

Gorgeous colors here Heather- love the stamp you used and the paper piecing. We have not seen any real signs of fall here yet....still warm and sunny.

Rosemary said...

beautiful fall card, heather!!

Maureen Morton said...

Another glorious beauty, Heather! I love inky hands! I appreciated your description - I am one who hates to see autumn coming. I need to be more positive. This is so lovely and so are you.

Pia said...

This is gorgeous Heather! Love the colors and the added buttons. This card has such a lovely warm feeling to it. Thanks for playing along at Lily Pad Cards again!

Trinh said...

Wow, Heather, I would never have thought to make this stamp into an autumn scene. It's beautiful, so warm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails