Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Bumpy Road

The current challenge over at the Hero Arts’ blog includes a thinking of you theme. So to symbolise “I’m with you”, I decided to connect two die cut bicycles to form a tandem.

A Bumpy Road
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Flourish Background, Envelope Pattern and Everyday Sayings

To start with, I inked a piece of card with tumbled glass distress ink and then stamped the flourish background using the same ink. Then I applied distress inks (shabby shutters, pumice stone and antique linen) to another piece of white card to form the hills and bumpy road. This was stamped with the envelope pattern using shabby shutters distress ink. The bicycles, from Hero Arts, were cut using my new Silhouette Cameo (I’m in love!) and I just did a bit of welding and cutting to form the tandem. To finish I added some heart gems and baker’s twine.

7 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Great job with that tandem! I love my Silhouette too, although it's not a Cameo (sigh). Beautiful scene you created and great idea for a "thinking of you" card.

Sue McRae said...

This is such a fabulous card Heather! Love the tandem bike and how you used your twine to outline the paper!

Manasa said...

This is soo clever..loved it ! The twine is perfect finishing touch to the project !

Dawn T said...

Wonderful card Heather, Your bicycle is so innovative.

Maureen Morton said...

You are a master, my dear! Love everything about this card - great backgrounds, the brilliant way you used the twine....and I can't believe that you designed your own tandem bike! I refuse to go electronic, but I can see the possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

Carole said...

I got here cause you were out and about too! Your cards are great. I loved the raccoon and the kite. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a cute card, Heather - love the tandem bike against that yummy background!

Related Posts with Thumbnails