Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Make a Wish Card with Hair Clip

Isn't the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World just gorgeous? Love the adorable birds, mix of images and beautiful colour combination.



Every day I enjoy looking at the birds that come to our bird feeders - it makes working at the kitchen sink much more pleasurable! Our visitors are mainly sparrows, starlings, chaffinches, coal tits and pigeons. But occasionally little blue tits decide to dine in our garden and I love to see the flash of their beautiful colours as they fly in to feed. So on my card I wanted to use the colours of the blue tits, the greenery in the garden and the grey from the background of the napkin. Because of the softness of the feathers I included some soft felt.

Make a Wish

Stamps (Hero Arts) - Leafy Vines & It's Your Day

Dawn and Arlene from The Die Cut Divas kindly invited me to do a tutorial over at the The Die Cut Divas blog and as the May Challenge is Anything But a Card I made a fabric brooch. You can find the tutorial here showing how to make a fabric flower brooch. I used the same method to make the flower on my card.

IMGP0997

This time the flower is a hair clip - it's fun putting a little extra surprise on cards.

IMGP1000

I'm also submitting this card into the current Hero Arts challenge.

Yesterday I was teaching a class and one of the ladies who was at it showed us a beautiful scarf that she had knit. I had never seen anything like it, it looked like ripples of ribbon so of course when the class was finished I had to pay a visit to our local wool shop.

IMGP1014

It turns out that the ribbon yarn (Woolcrraft Desire) has little holes all along the upper edge and each hole is knit into. So I picked up some to knit a scarf for my sister. I did a little bit of knitting this morning and my goodness the scarf really flies up with only five stitches all in knit stitch. I'll definitely have to go shopping again for some more patterns in this ribbon yarn!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Fabulous! The felt is a brilliant addition!

Anita Rex said...

So cute Heather! I love that scarf! So neat! Never saw a scarf or ribbon like that! Do you think one scarf takes more than 1 roll?

stampingandstitching said...

Thanks Michelle and Anita:) Anita it only takes one roll to knit the scarf - I've sent you a link on FB.

Maureen Morton said...

Your talents never cease, Heather! Love this card with the bright colors and that the flower is a hair clip! My oh, my! And this scarf is going to be stunning. Love to see your posts.

Trinh said...

Beautiful hair clip! Love how you incorporated it into your card. And that scarf is fabulous! Such cool ribbon.

Barb said...

Love your gorgeous take on the trigger, Heather - that felt flower is fabulous! And what a neat looking scarf - love the pretty fabric!

Lin said...

What a fun post today, Heather! Your take on the Trigger is so cute, and I loved seeing the scarf, too! I made ruffle scarves for Christmas, but they used a kind of fishnet yarn that you knit along one side. This looks like fun - what will they think of next?

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Heather. We were so happy to have you join us at Die Cut Divas and your tutorial was awesome. Thank you so much.

Carol McCready said...

What a great take on the
Tuesday Trigger.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you stamped the leafy vines, Heather - so beautiful embossed in silver! What a fun hair clip too! So glad your class went well and how wonderful to find that ribbon yarn. Looks like a gorgeous scarf - Gillian will love it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails