Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Couple of Rainbows

It's unusual for me to post two days in a row but I just had the urge and the time to stamp this morning so made the most of it!

There are a couple of rainbow themed challenges going on at the moment and as I love using a rainbow of colours on my cards sometimes, I thought I'd give it a whirl. As part of Hero Arts' birthday challenge there is a category called rainbow of colour and A Blog Named Hero has a challenge called Roy G. Biv. I have to say I've never heard of that expression before, in school we learned the colours of the rainbow by using the term Richard of York gave battle in vain - did anyone else use this one?

Birthday Rainbow

Stamps (Hero Arts) - A Little, Tiny Flags Background, Fantastic Birthday and It's Your Day

My first card is the birthday card. To make the background I stamped the Tiny Flags Background on coloured card using distress inks (barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn and broken china). I left out violet as I only have a very dark purple in my collection of distress inks. After cutting out the strips in various colours I matched them up to make the background. I embossed the frame for the A Little set and also the birthday sentiment, substituting a little candle for the "i". The "happy" sentiment was also stamped with distress inks and they are popped up on foam pads.

IMGP2580

I'm not sure which Hero Arts set the little star came from as it has become separated from the original packaging, but the stars were embossed too and I added some star dust stickles to them and the candle flame.

A Little Smile
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Tiny Flags Background & A Little

The second card was made in the same way except this time I used the complete image from the A Little set. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. We had another storm blow through last night but thankfully no damage here!







9 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Love these bright, fun cards! Rainbows are my fave!!

Barb said...

Heather I love your tone-on-tone stamped stripes! Such awesome cards!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your rainbow cards, Heather!! The one with the colorful smile is especially darling!! Hope you're surviving the storms over there!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Sally love your rainbow effect

ThePurplePlace said...

Awesome card!! And BIG CONGRATS on your WIN over at A Blog Named Hero!!

I was very happy and excited for you!! WOOHOO!

Happy Shopping!!

maria f. said...

Great ROYGBIV - happy shopping!

Trinh said...

I love both of these bright and happy card, Heather! I haven't played in a HA challenge in a looong time; should fix that. I learned Roy g biv years ago.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great cards , so much color and I love that stamp
bibiana

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun way to use these stamps! I really love the rainbow of colors and your chalkboard sentiments are amazing, Heather!

Related Posts with Thumbnails