Sunday, June 8, 2014

29 Again and On The Road Again

I just love sending and receiving humorous cards, so as soon as I saw Art Impressions' 29 Again stamp set I had to get it!

29 Again??!!

I started by stamping and cutting out the images and coloured them with ProMarkers. Then I added some embroidery thread to the balloons and added a layer of glossy accents on them, the earrings and lips. I wanted to emboss the background and thanks to my friend Sally I have a pretty Cuttlebug flower folder called Caramelo that I think goes well with with lady's dress - thanks again, Sally:) After that it was just a matter of adding baker's twine and the sentiment. I used one of the colour combinations from the Die Cut Diva's Challenge for June - Is it Yours, Mine or Ours so am submitting the card into that challenge.

Last week I blogged about the start of my friend Linda's holiday here and now I'll post some more about our little trip around part of the country. Our first stop on our trip was Waterford and the first place we visited there was Waterford Glass. I hadn't visited Waterford Glass since I was on a school tour many, many, many years ago! Needless to say everything had changed quite a bit, including the location. Anyway we went on the tour and here's a flavour of what we saw.

It's hard to imagine this is how a Waterford Glass bowl starts out!

Shaping the bowl in moulds


Marking the design on the piece

Cutting the patterns in the glass

Some of the commissioned pieces

Although it doesn't look like a typical piece of Waterford Glass, below is one of my favourites. The piece was divided into quarters and the etchings on each quarter represented the seasons. Here you can see the flowers, birds and butterflies of summer and beside it the bare trees, acorn and pumpkin for autumn.


After visiting the showrooms in Waterford Glass we had a little walk around Waterford and then headed on our way again. Linda is a big fan of Nora Roberts who set some of her books in the village of Ardmore, Co Waterford, so naturally enough we had to stop there. I don't remember ever visiting Ardmore, so thanks to Linda and Nora I have become acquainted with this gem of a place.

The beach there was beautiful and more or less deserted


We took a stroll up to St Declan's Cathedral and the round tower which are situated on a hill overlooking Ardmore Bay.



An ogham stone in the Cathedral

Hopefully you won't have fallen asleep after this long post! So I'll stop now and post some more photos from our trip another day.

10 comments:

Debra said...

Thank you! We have a biking trip coming up in September in County Cork and then we planned to rent a car and explore. I printed your blog entry...this looks like a wonderful place to visit! The card is hysterically well done!

Barb said...

Love all these photos of your beautiful country, Heather! So glad you're continuing to share them! And your card is adorable!

P.S. Big congrats on being "spotted" over on the SSS blog today! :)

Dawn T said...

Simply gorgeous card. Just love that sentiment. And what gorgeous photos. I really love the Waterford glass and what fun to visit the factory.

Arlene said...

I want to say, the card is funy, sassy and makes me smile this morning. Great card and so glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

I loved your tour. The glass is just beautiful. I would want every piece.

Unknown said...

Hi Heather!
the card is too funny! and I love your pictures, I especially like the gramophone replica.

thanks for playing along with the Die Cut Diva's

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling 29 again card, Heather!! Just love the coloring on Ms 29 and the glossy balloons with floss strings add the perfect touch! So fun to relive our trip to Waterford and Ardmore through your eyes!! Great shots at the Waterford factory - I took more video than stills (until my battery ran out that is). Just love your shot of the round tower and cemetary at Ardmore. That little art gallery certainly had the best soup and bread ever!!

maria f. said...

Ha! That sounds like a great stamp set. And I loved the mini-tour via your gorgeous photos. TFS.

Grá O'Neill said...

Great card, love the sentiment with the image! Enjoying the photos too :)

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Heather lovely pic and how they made Glass bowl..great photography and I wanna say...cuutee granny card and the sentiment makes me smile..cute cute..and love that flowers Embossed..cute balloons to...hope you are doing well sweety..big hugs, Monika

Trinh said...

I love your fun and sassy card! And thanks for sharing all the pics! Would love to see the glass blowing in action.

Related Posts with Thumbnails