Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas Hogs & Kisses

I recently got Simon Says Stamp's Birthday Farm Animals set and since I love the images and am still in full Christmas card making mode thought I'd use one of the funny farm animals on a Christmas card.


Stamps - Birthday Farm Animals (Simon Says Stamp), Trim the Tree & Sweet Christmas (Lawn Fawn) and Happy Holidays & Designer Snowflakes (Hero Arts)

To start with I clear embossed snowflakes on kraft card, added some white card at the bottom and cut this background out using one of the dies from Simon Says Stamp's Bundle of Stitched Shapes set. Then I had some fun with the little hog. After cutting him out and colouring him with Promarkers, I changed his party hat into a Santa hat and gave him a present and candy cane to hold from Lawn Fawn's Trim the Tree set. Then I die cut a speech bubble from Clearly Besotted's You Said It die set and used a mix of sentiments from Simon Says Stamp (Birthday Farm Animals) and Lawn Fawn (Sweet Christmas). To finish I added a tiny pom pom to the Santa hat and frosted lace stickles to the brim of the hat and on the ground. It's really foggy here today so unfortunately I didn't manage to capture any of the subtle shimmer in my photo.

I'm submitting this card into a few Simon Says Challenges - the Flickr Challenge #6 (die cutting), the Anything Goes Challenge and the Work it Wednesday Challenge (anything goes). I'm also submitting the card into The Die Cut Diva's Any Holiday Challenge.

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

So stinky cute, Heather! I love the clear embossed snowflakes! The colors are absolutely delightful! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Sarah G said...

This is such a fun card, Heather! I saw it over at SSS and popped over for a closer look :) Love how you customised the stamps for a Christmas card!

Barb said...

This is such an adorable card, Heather! Just love it! So glad you played in the challenge - thank you! ♥

Arlene said...

So darn cute!

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn T said...

so cute Heather. A delightful card.

Diane chianelli said...

Love this card! So funny and cute. One of my faves for the holiday season.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ho. ho, ho - just love your Santa pig, Heather!!

Monika Reeck said...

wooowww snowflake on kraft paper looks so stricking dear Heather..wooowww I adore your idea and nice add of the pompoms on his hat..cute sentiment in two colors...LOVEEEE your card...its too cute Heather

Ren said...

So adorable! I must say the snowflake effect is lovely too!

Jingle said...

I love this SO MUCH! Seriously. Totally love how you made him a Christmas pig! SO CUTE! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Unknown said...

What a fun card!! Love your use of using a non Holiday stamp set and turning it into Christmas cuteness. Very nice!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails