Friday, December 5, 2014

November CCC

It has been a little while since I participated in one of Deborah Nolan's fun CCCs (Card Chain Challenge) but was delighted to get a chance to take part in the November CCC. It was great fun making a card and receiving a card but best of all was getting to know my lovely CCC swap partners Dagmar in Germany and Betty in the US.

Deborah always gives us plenty of choices for the Challenge. Maybe one of these days I'll actually get to combine a few of these choices but this time I went with the CCC sketch. As I'm in full Christmas card making mode naturally enough Dagmar ended up with an early Christmas card:)


Stamp set - Woodland Wreaths (WPlus9)

I love the Woodland Wreath set from WPlus9 so wanted to use it on the card for Dagmar. To start with I embossed a wreath of berries and then stamped two types of wreaths from the set in different shades of green. I found that the berries ended up being a more vibrant red by doing it this way instead of embossing the berries on a wreath that had already been stamped. Then I stamped the bow, layered it and added a little heart shaped gem. After that I went mad adding stickles to the berries and bow. Christmas is always a good excuse for a bit of sparkle, isn't it?:)


Recently I picked up Docrafts cable knit pattern embossing folder and used that on a strip of kraft card. After embossing the panel I added touches of white ink.

Here is the gorgeous card I was delighted to received from Betty - I just love it and the way she combined so many of Deborah's themes.


Betty, thanks again for the gorgeous card and yummy sequins you included with it:)

Here on Deborah's blog you can see all the CCC cards that when whizzing around the world last month. If you'd like to sign up for the next CCC Challenge you should pop over to Deborah's blog on the 7th December to join in on the fun.

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous wreath, Heather! Just love the embossed knit behind it!!

Sarah G said...

Fab card! Love the knitted texture from the embossing folder - very cosy :) Betty's card is great too....all of the dots make me happy!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Heather. I love the embossed background, I completely forgot to sign up this month! Missed my CCC card

Monika Reeck said...

I adore your wreath sooo wonderful and nice CAS design I loveee this Heather...your card froom Betty looks so sweet too... I love how you used that embossing paper behind the wreath..adorable take on DEBBIE sketch..hugs...Monika

PS: happy weekend and thanks to visiting me again sweety..

Related Posts with Thumbnails