Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Splash

A week ago I hurt my right hand and haven't been able to make anything. Oh it's been a long week as I'd been hoping to start putting together a quilt I'm making for my younger son. This morning my hand is feeling much better so I thought I'd test it out with a quick card and I'm happy to say that I think I'll be sewing this afternoon:)

To make the card I applied peacock feathers distress ink to an acrylic block, spritzed with water and stamped on white card. I repeated with the process until I was happy with the result. After the card had dried I stamped the sentiments - LOVE this gorgeous and versatile Stamp & Die set with Kelly Rasmussen's pretty handwriting. To finish the background I added a sprinkling of sequins.


Stamp - Happy Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts)
Dies - Isabella & Pippi Butterflies (Memory Box)


So then it was time to make my butterfly. I used scraps of black card and a piece of card, covered with spiced marmalade distress ink, which had been left over from another project.


After assembling the butterfly I attached it to the card using foam pads. I'm submitting this card into Simon Says Stamp's Happy Birthday Challenge.

6 comments:

Lin said...

As always, a perfect design, Heather - LOVE it! Glad to hear that your hand is healing. Please share that quilt with us when it's finished!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful Heather! Love the contrast between the colour of the butterfly and the BG!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous birthday card, Heather! The background looks amazing with the watercolored Peacock Feathers - so great with the Spiced Marmalade butterfly and all those sequins!! So glad your hand feels better!!

Dawn T said...

glad your hand is better Heather. Such a pretty card.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Heather! i luv this, just stunning! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Monika Reeck said...

I hope your right hand already ok now Heather so sorry just read now... and that butterfly DIES is to die for...may I have it? (as a cut out) it is adorable and the splater is so amazing love the Happy sentiment too..and seems you made many lovely birthday cards on latest post...wish to see you some day on my Blog dear Heather and pray for your speedy recovery your right hand..hugs, Monika

Related Posts with Thumbnails