Saturday, January 16, 2016

Ombre Butterflies

I love the ombre look on cards, clothes, hair etc. so I wanted to join in on Simon Says Stamp's Ombre Challenge. Anyway I thought I'd use some distress inks to make an ombre background. As I seem to have a lot of blues in my stash (no surprise there!) I used tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans and salty ocean for this card.


Supplies - It's Your Day (Hero Arts), M-Bossabilities Bricks and Bark (Spellbinders), Isabella & Pippi butterfly dies (Memory Box) and distress inks (Tim Holtz/Ranger)

To start with I die cut a circle from a panel of white card and embossed the panel with the aperture. Then I inked a panel of white card with the distress inks and after stamping the sentiment adhered it to my cardbase. The embossed panel was then adhered to the card. I die cut the butterflies from scraps of white card and pieces leftover from the inked background. To finish I added a gems to the butterflies' bodies.


Making the card was the enjoyable part of the day and now I'm off to do the not so enjoyable bit - washing machine shopping as our current machine has given up the ghost. Exciting shopping here I come!?!

3 comments:

Skrater said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the blues and the texture!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous birthday card, Heather! Just love the ombre effect on your background and butterflies! So great with the texture of the white panel!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Heather! an awesome style card, luv the gorgeous butterfly! So glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*
www.paperieblooms.blogspot.com
https://www.instagram.com/2klines/

Related Posts with Thumbnails