Monday, October 31, 2016

Trick or Treat

I love Halloween but here in Ireland we don't send Halloween cards to each other so I suppose that's why I have only two Halloween stamp sets - as for my Christmas supplies, now that's a completely different story! My friend Linda recently sent some fun die cuts that I used along with Hero Arts Ghostly Greetings set on today's card.

I started by stamping the sentiment on a square of card and added the pretty die cut wreath Linda had sent me. To decorate the wreath I used glitter bat die cuts, again from Linda, and some orange sequins I picked up when shopping with Linda during the summer.


Dies (Hero Arts) - Halloween Trimmings Stamp & Cut & My Monthly Hero September Kit
Stamp (Hero Arts) - Ghostly Greetings (sentiment)


Even though I have a huge jar of googly eyes, I discovered the little ones either had brown or pink eyes, so the bats ended up being brown eyed.

I'm submitting the card into Hero Arts Holiday Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.


Our clocks went back at the weekend so in an hour or so it will be dark and the trick or treaters should start arriving. I'm looking forward to seeing what all the kids are dressed as and moving a lot of the mountain of tempting treats out of the house! Hope you have a wonderful Halloween!


6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So sweet! Jo x

Karen L K said...

I love your Halloween wreath! Such a fun look. People don't send cards here much for Halloween either but I love Halloween so I sent a couple to my family.

Lin said...

What a fun card, Heather - love the glitzy wreath and now those bats don't look so scary! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Dawn T said...

Very cute card Heather. Great wreath

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling Halloween wreath, Heather! Glad you're enjoying the bits - don't you just love those bats?!! Delighted to hear you had a fun holiday!

~amy~ said...

What a fun halloween wreath!
Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails