Thursday, November 15, 2018

Glittering Gold

Today I was making a card for a friend who has a heart of gold and thought it would be fun to go with the theme set for Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge - All That Glitters is Gold.



These are the main supplies I gathered together for the card.



Stamps - Lavender Stamp Set (Power Poppy) & Maple Leaf (Hero Arts)
Embossing folder - Foliage (Darice)
Dies - Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders) & Stitched Circle Dies (Pink & Main)
Distress Inks - spiced marmalade, mustard seed, barn door & rusty hinge (Tim Holtz Ranger)


I enjoyed getting inky with distress inks to make the leaves.


Originally I bought the Power Poppy set for the pretty lavender images but love the lovely sentiments in the set including this one that I embossed in gold.



On the background I used a Darice embossing folder with some autumnal coloured Core'dinations paper. After the panel was embossed I lightly sanded it and distress the edges slightly.











5 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful card Heather, love those golden leaves.

Lin said...

So glad to see you creating again, Heather! I adore what you've put together for this gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Cindy C. said...

This is beautiful Heather!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beautiful leafy card, Heather!! Just love how you colored the leaves and the texture of the embossed background looks amazing!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So sweet of you to send me this beauty, Heather - love it!! Thanks for the bits too and the kind words. So glad to have you for a friend!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails