Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bird Crazy Challenge with Linda

Recently my friend Linda and I ordered some Hero Arts goodies and as it turned out we both bought a lot of the same items. Linda came up with the great idea of challenging each other to use the same product on our next cards. To start with we both used the Color Layering Dimensional Bird from this set. I haven't seen what Linda has made yet but can't wait to see her creations on her blog.

I love the way this set works with stamping the bird outline initially and then stamping the patterns using separate stamps. It would be fun to use the outline for paper pieced birds too or even for straightforward colouring. Well let me tell you I went a bit bird crazy trying out different colour combinations and here are just some of the birds I stamped on a soggy Saturday afternoon.


Stamp (Hero Arts) - Color Layering Dimensional Bird

I saved these birds for times when I need to make cards in a hurry but made three cards using other birds I had stamped. As I wanted to makeover this card

for the current Hero Arts challenge I went with neutrals and added white to the stamped image using a white watercolour pencil.


Stamps (Hero Arts) - Color Layering Dimensional Bird, Everyday Sayings & Let the Angels

Next up I stamped the bird using Hero Arts mint to emerald ombré ink. The branch was stamped with Hero Arts cup o' joe shadow ink.

Stamps (Hero Arts) - Color Layering Dimensional Bird, Everyday Sayings & Let the Angels

As I had used neutral and monochromatic birds on the first two cards, I thought for my last card I'd go with a blast of colour and used a mix of quiet morning and summer splash inks.


Stamps (Hero Arts) - Color Layering Dimensional Bird & Everyday Messages

The little nest was made from scraps I had left over from making the first two cards.

I'm submitting these cards into Simon Says Stamp's Use a Stamp Challenge.

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Way to rise to the challenge, Heather!! I just knew you'd come up with better birds than me!! Absolutely love all the bird craziness - you have so many different great combos! And what a sweet bird in the nest, such a fabulous idea! So fun that we can craft and blog while chatting so many thousands of miles away from each other!! Thanks for playing along!

Sue McRae said...

Your colour combinations are wonderful Heather and I love your sweet bird nest!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

I´ve thought about getting this stamp set and when I saw your cards I want it even more. Love love your cards!

Have a lovely day/Gunilla

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful series!!

Dawn T said...

stunning Heather.... I NEED that set... you have done some amazing birds with it. And the cards are all so pretty. Love the nest on the last one and the colour combos on the other two are fabulous.

Gayatri said...

The birds are so beautiful especially the first one on the kraft card. Love the nest on the third card. Gorgeous set of cards. Love it. Thanks for linking at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
Cheers!
Gayatri

Daria G. said...

Love the color combos for your birds, so creative :)))

Related Posts with Thumbnails