Monday, September 14, 2015

Polar Thanks

I couldn't wait to get my hands on Hero Arts' adorable Polar Set from the Lia Griffith collection. How could I resist a set that includes lots of cute polar creatures along with accessories and other fun images?

To start with I made the background for the penguin by dragging a Hero Arts ombré (mint to emerald green) ink pad across a panel of white card. Once this was dry I added it to my card base and die cut and stamped the sentiments.


Stamps & Die (Hero Arts) - Polar set by Lia & Thanks Stamp & Cut

After stamping and cutting out the penguin and ice floe, I coloured the images with Promarkers. Then to add some sparkle to the floe, I added a coat of diamond stickles to the upper part and covered the whole piece with a layer of glossy accents.


I'm submitting this card into the Happy Challenge over at A Blog Named Hero as this cute little penguin stamp makes me smile and Simon Says Stamp's Use a Stamp Challenge.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice green, perfect for your card! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero. isa

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your glittery, glossy ice floe, Heather! Perfect for that cute penguin!! You are really getting crafty with all your new Hero Arts goodies!!

Cindy C. said...

Awe so adorable!!

Dawn T said...

totally adorable. just gorgeous.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Heather! The design is wonderful and I love the super cute penguin.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet is your little scene?! So glad you joined us over at A Blog Named Hero!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails