Monday, March 22, 2021

Jar of Roses Slimline Card

This month's challenge over at the Die Cut Divas is to make a slimline card. I haven't made many slimline cards so thought I'd challenge myself and give it a go.

Stamps - Everything's Rosy (Sunny Studio Stamps), Bouquet For You (Stampendous), It's Your Birthday (Hero Arts), Embossing Folder - Happy Birthday (Cuttlebug), Dies - Everything's Rosy (Sunny Studio Stamps), Christmas Florals (Precious Marieke)

One of my favourite layering stamp sets is Sunny Studio Stamps' Everything's Rosy set. I love how dimensional and realistic the flowers and leaves images look and it's fun coming up with different ink mixes for them.

I made a cardbase and added an embossed background layered on silver glitter card. Next up I had some fun getting inky to make the flowers and leaves.
I arranged the stamped images and die cut foliage filler pieces on a jar I had coloured with distress inks (tumbled glass, broken china and faded jeans). The stems were coloured using watercolour pencils. To finish I stamped a sentiment from a Hero Arts set on a strip of card and fishtailed one end.

6 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh I am so jealous of the person getting this beautiful birthday bouquet. Fabulous stamping and I love that you showed the steps. I think I have this set but I am not good at the layering stamping...depends on the layers I think.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card, I love those layered flowers such a lovely set, I will have to look it up.

Arlene said...

Like Cat, I'm not that great at layering colors, but I have given it a try. Your color layering is fabulous and I love the embossed background - WOW. I love your slimline card.

So glad you entered this month's challenge (slimline cards) at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/03/sunny-march-with-our-sponsor-sunny.html.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous slimline, Heather!! I think you have this format down pat!! Just love your rosy bouquet - how I remember all the fun we had stamping flowers at your house!! So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas with this beauty!!

Cindy C. said...

So bright and beautiful!! Thanks for joining in our March Challenge - Slimline at Die Cut Divas.

Lin said...

The perfect design for a slimline, Heather - and the embossed background adds a lovely touch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails