Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Three Cards for St Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day! Again this year it's a very different St Patrick's Day here without the usual parades and celebrations. But we'll certainly enjoy the day off work and school anyway and have our own fun at home.

Today I just have a few more St Patrick's Day cards that I made this year.

The first card came together really quickly using the flip it die. The shamrock, made from hearts, was my way of using up a background that I made using acrylic paints. I didn't like the background I had created with the paints but it looked better cut into smaller pieces. The same background was also used for the shamrock on my third card.
Dies - Scallop Edge Circle Die Flip It (The Stamps of Life) & Heart Die, Embossing Folder - Shamrocks (Darice)

For the second card I made a background of patterned scraps and layered the squares on foam pads for some dimension. The little shamrock was again make using a heart die.
Dies - Scallop Squares (M&C Boutique The Works), heart die, Sentiment Stamp - Celebrate Everyday (Hero Arts)

For the third card I have the shamrock, cut out from the acrylic paint background I mentioned previously, as my focal point on the embossed background. I added the cross cut out of gold mirror card to celebrate St Patrick.
Dies - Framelits Hearts (Sizzix), Crosses Two (Spellbinders), Labels 10 (Spellbinders), Embossing Folder - Shamrocks (Darice), Stamp - Celebrate Everyday (Hero Arts)

It's such a beautiful, sunny day here today so I'm finally going to get a chance to enjoy pottering around and tidying up and getting things ready in the garden. Hope you enjoy your day whatever you do!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Happy St. Pat's Day, Heather! So pleased to find your post and these 3 fun cards. Beautiful photo too - brings back some very fond memories of our trip to see your beautiful country! Enjoy your day!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Best wishes on St Patrick's Day, Heather!! What a beautiful photo of the coast and I'm glad you have a gorgeous weather day!! Three gorgeous cards - just love every design, especially the one with all the strips of paper - so clever!! The shamrock embossing looks amazing too!! Enjoy the day!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails