Friday, April 22, 2011

Love You in Triplicate

I made this card for the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, the current Hero Arts challenge and the Simon Says Emboss It Challenge. As I tried to make a masculine card I wanted to keep it fairly plain and simple. It only took about 10 minutes to make, which is definitely a record for me, lol!

Love You in Triplicate
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Type and Small Variety Alphabet

On this card I used the tissue paper as sheets of carbon paper in the typewriter and also as a background (adhered to a piece of black card to give strength). I learned to type on a manual typewriter and now think it’s funny how we used to correct our mistakes and make duplicate documents. I had to explain to my son this morning what carbon paper was and why we used it in typewriters – I felt really ancient, lol! The typewriter is embossed in red and I just added a couple of beads to it and my favourite embellies – Hero Arts heart pearls. The baker’s twine, which unfortunately I can’t get here, was part of a lovely package of goodies that my friend Trinh sent me – thanks again Trinh:)

We’ve been spoiled rotten here with a glorious week of sunshine and temperatures around 21C\70F. Hope it’s sunny wherever you are and that you all have a wonderful weekend:)

13 comments:

Rosemary said...

ah... those were the good old days, heather! i remember learning to type on a typewriter and using carbon paper! fantastic card and so clever!!

Virginia L. said...

How FABULOUS!! I love the striking color combo! Beautifully done, Heather!

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Heather, the carbon paper looks fab. Hope you are enjoying the weather, I have been out in the garden so not a lot of time for crafting. Happy Easter.
Hugs
Sally

Anita Rex said...

Very jealous of you and your lovely weather!!! :> Love this card! It's such a great masculine card and I think it's super creative of you to use the tissue paper like carbon paper!

Tiffany Ervin said...

What an amazing look, really love this, that brown piece has such definition on it that it looks like a piece of chocolate! lol..I'm always thinking of food!

Anette said...

wow, love this card, Heather!!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous, clever and creative card Heather. Happy Easter.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Cute card! And how genius of your use of the tissue paper as carbon paper.

Suzanne C said...

So clever and a wonderful design! Lovely card!

walchowDesign said...

great idea with the "carbon paper", Heather!

Amy said...

this is really awesome! i love your "Carbon" paper idea!! and that type writer is fantastic!!

donna mikasa said...

This is so clever, Heather! Carbon paper...genius! And I do remember using it a loooong time ago!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for entering the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails