Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bucket and Pillow of Shells

It’s been ages since I posted, but now I’m back from holidays and feeling on track again after a bad cold. I wanted to cover two themes in Hero Arts’ July challenge (summertime and parties), the Fanatical About Botanical Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and the Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything Goes Challenge.

Bucket and pillow of shells
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Antique Engravings, Magical Background & Messages

For my kids the ideal summer would include a trip to the beach every day, so when I think of summer, I think of making sandcastles, gathering shells and traisping through the rough grass in the sand dunes. So with this in mind I made these treat containers, which might be suitable for a summer party, and included bits and pieces that I associate with the beach. Then I filled them with chocolate shells - one of my favourites!

Bucket of shells

For the sand bucket, I covered a coffee cup with sand patterned paper. The handle was made with florists wire and pearls from a cheap necklace. I applied tumbled glass distress ink to white card and using the same ink stamped it with the Magical Background. I added a strip of this, some May Arts ribbon, raffia and a stamped shell to the bucket.

Pillow of shells

For the pillow box I applied tumbled glass distress ink to white card, stamped with the magical background using the same ink and die cut a window when the pillow shape was cut out. To finish I just added the shell and raffia.

Now I'm off to have some shells and a cuppa!

15 comments:

Lin said...

So glad you're back, Heather! Missed you - hope you got some rest and kicked that cold! LOVE this yummy idea! It's a good thing we have no chocolate in the house, or I'd be munching on it about now. :))

Rachel said...

What a pretty set you made, I love the little coffee mug. These would be great for all those beach weddings for little favors!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Wow! It has been a while Heather Maria! And I am glad you are back because you have just kicked the Inspiration-ometer up 100%!!! You really are truly incredible! This is totally amazing and beautiful!

Patricia said...

Omg super cute projects I love it enjoy your shells it looks yummy =P

Isha Gupta said...

Glad to see you after such a long time Heather. Missed your creations. Hope the holidays were gorgeous...your post shows it all. Lovely gift idea:))

Barb said...

Heather, Welcome home! I've been missing your creations but you have certainly made-up for it with these! My goodness, girl! You are so clever, so creative and sooo talented! Just LOVE that beautiful coffee cup and your pillow box is such fun too! Those chocolate shells look delicious! So glad you're back! Hugs!

Judy1223 said...

Welcome back, Heather! What a wonderfully summery project you have made here...amazing! The bucket is so pretty, and the pillow is awesome...love your stamped shell tags, too!

Tina said...

Perfect. Just love your set. So elegant and sweet.

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Welcome back Heather!
ohmy...this is fantastic!

Maureen Morton said...

Welcome back - and you are back in ALL your glory! I see you recharged your creative energy. One big WOW! Love these beauties.

Nancy Wethington said...

What a great idea! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great project, Heather. A winner for sure! Hugs.

Deirdre said...

Just fab Heather. Definitely a winner.!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful project! What a wonderful idea!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails