Sunday, February 12, 2012

Woodgrain and Flowers

Don’t ask me what it is, but for some reason I love cutting paper or fabric and find it very relaxing. So I thought I’d do a bit more cutting for the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I’m also submitting this card into the current Hero Arts Challenge.

Woodgrain and Flowers
Stamps (Hero Arts) Designer Woodgrain, Everyday Sayings & Large Flower Background

I started by embossing the Large Flower Background in white and cut around the outside of the image leaving a small border. Then I just cut around the flowers and leaves to my heart’s content! When I started making cards I didn’t have a craft shop anywhere near me. I needed a scissors to cut out images and came across a curved nail scissors in a local chemist and that’s what I use to this day.

After all that cutting I was left with a framed image of the flowers which I then watercoloured using dried marigold and shabby shutters distress inks. I applied walnut stain distress ink to a piece of white card and using the same ink stamped the woodgrain background. As the white border was around the image, I just adhered the border to the woodgrain background so the flowers are floating free. I only had to use one tiny foam dot to keep one flower in place. The sentiment is stamped with walnut stain distress ink.

Hope you are all having a brilliant weekend:)

17 comments:

Lin said...

I feel the same way about cutting, Heather! This is a masterpiece, my friend! Lovely pairing with the woodgrain!

CinnamonSally said...

You are so patient Heather, this must have taken ages, I must try the nail sissor trick!!

This card is so pretty and I love the flowers against the woodgrain background!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I agree with Lin - this is a cutting masterpiece, Heather! Reminds me of the snowflake frame I found in Hero Arts Silhouette catalog but you cut it by hand!! Just love the orange flowers over the deep brown woodgrain!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, heather!! i find fussy cutting relaxing, too!! :)

Barb said...

Wow, Heather! This is fantastic! Such gorgeous flowers against the woodgrain - they really do look like they're floating - so cool! I love to cut too - can be very soothing at times. Stunning card, my friend! :)

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Heather....this is soooo beautiful!

Patricia said...

Wowwwwww I love it you card is so beautiful with the woodgrain as background =)

Virginia L. said...

All the fussy cutting surely pays off! Gorgeous card, Heather!

Dawn T said...

just fabulous Heather. I really love the orange flowers. They looks stunning floating above the brown background.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Really love the browns and beautiful oranges!! Yummy!

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Heather! I'm not so great with cutting so I reallly appreciate the work that went into it.

Trisha said...

Hi Heather.
Sure hope you read these comments ;-) Need your help, please.
Through the wonders of the internet, I just found an old link to a card you made on - Thursday, August 25, 2011-Cute Fuzzies. This card was simply delicious, a denim masterpiece. (your current card is lovely to by the way)
Can you please tell me how you adhered the denim to the cardstock, so you could diecut and emboss it?
Thank you so very much, have a grand day!
Trisha

Trisha said...

Sorry Heather, I may have forgotten to include my email on the previous comment.
Trisha

stampingandstitching said...

Thanks so much everyone for the lovely comments, I really appreciate them:)

Trisha, I can't seem to see an email address for you so I hope you'll see my answer here. I adhered the denim to the cardstock using double sided sticky tape. Hope this is of help:)

Trisha said...

Hi Heather
Thanks so very much for answering my question on your cute denim card.
Have a lovely day.
Trisha (Canada)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the detail cut out and the wood grain background.

Petti said...

This card is so pretty! Your cutting/trimming skill is just great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails