Sunday, March 25, 2012

Love and Laughter Card with Brooch

I love making fabric brooches and as I have been making quite a few recently decided to make one as an embellishment for this card.

I made the flower brooch using various size circles of a couple of different fabrics and some gems.

Close up of Flower on Card

For the background I stamped some kraft card with white ink. The ink looked very bubbly on the stamp (don’t know if it’s going off or something!) but I liked the textured look it gave when I stamped it, so just left it as it was. I used some of my scraps for the scallop piece. The sentiment is from a gorgeous Christmas set (thanks again Linda!) and I just didn't ink the Christmassy part of it.

I’m submitting this card into the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, the Lily Pad Cards Flower Challenge and the current Hero Arts Challenge.

Love and Laughter Card with Brooch
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Classic Fabric Design & Very Merry Christmas (sentiment)

We have had the most glorious weather this weekend and so have spent more time in the garden then my stampy space. Hope the weather is good wherever you are!

13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your brooch flower on this card, Heather! Gorgeous blues and gems - and it looks great on the kraft stamped in white!! Glad you're having a krafty weekend!

Barb said...

So pretty, Heather! The "bubbly" look of the background stamping looks so cool! Love your amazing brooch! Gorgeous card!

Suzanne C said...

Stunning flower! Love how elegant it looks!

Isha Gupta said...

Super cool flower Heather. Love the look of the full card. We also had superb weather this weekend.

CinnamonSally said...

This card is gorgeous Heather and love your pretty brooch. We have had lovely weather too, so I spent alot of time in the garden, only made one card!!

Trinh said...

Oh this is a beauty, Heather! I love the mix of colors for the brooch. And Elisia says thank you for her set of brooches! We put one on her backpack and she wore another one.

Dawn T said...

awesome Heather. What an amazing flower.

Sue McRae said...

Such an elegant card Heather and I love the colours of the big flower!

Cindy C. said...

Stunning!

Anita Rex said...

Love your flower Heather! I make these too, so fun! :> I love the card you made to go with it too!

walchowDesign said...

Love all the layering of the brooch and the colours too, Heather!

Maureen Morton said...

So very creative, Heather! Love the yummy ocean colors on that dear brooch (is it removable for wearing?). A great pairing with the kraft - love the contrast. Beautiful!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails