Friday, May 18, 2012

Splatter on the Double

Well I just knew I was going to have great fun with the Spatter Technique Challenge in the Moxie Fab World!

I remember when we were kids, my sister, my brother and I used to love making splatter pictures. Truth be told, most of the paint probably ended up the table, floor and even ourselves rather than our “artwork”! So doing some splattering yesterday evening brought me right back to when we used to do splattering with paint and stamping with cut out potatoes (didn’t realise I’d get so hooked on stamping at a later stage!). Another favourite was splashing melted candle wax on paper, painting over it and then peeling the wax off. We even dropped splashes of wax on our hands so we’d have monster hands – how we didn’t burn the house down I’ll never know!

Splatter Butterfly
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Antique Engravings & Birthday Messages

Anyway after some splattering I ended up with two cards. For the first one I wanted to make a butterfly trail splattered with paint and sprinkled with gems and pearls. So I masked part of the panel and got splattering. The butterfly is embossed on vellum and I just added some gems to it too.

Skateboard Splatter
Stamps – Skater Ian (Greeting Farm Stamps) & Clouds (Hero Arts)

For the second card I attempted to make a wall with graffiti, but I soon realised I’d never make a graffiti artist, so my wall turned into part of a skateboard park! I coloured the image with ProMarkers and stamped the clouds with broken china distress ink. Since I had to give up on the graffiti idea I used QuigleyWiggly font from Word for the sentiment.

I’m also submitting the butterfly card into the current Hero Arts challenge. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend:)

19 comments:

Jaclyn Miller said...

I absolutely LOVE how you masked a trail for that butterfly and spattered it. Very clever!

Lin said...

I've never tried this....sounds like fun, and your results are great, Heather!

Barb said...

Heather, I'm in awe of your creativity! Just love that gorgeous butterfly trail and your second card is so clever too! LOVE them both! :)

Chark said...

These are great--betting one of them wins!

Sue McRae said...

The butterfly trail is just lovely Heather, so elegant with the scattered pearls.

Isha Gupta said...

Superb cards Heather. Love them both and the splatters are just perfect. TFS

Brenda said...

How do you get to be so brilliant Heather! Seriously, this is drop dead gorgeous and unique! I have never seen any design like it! I love it! You are some serious inspiration! Thank you!

Dawn T said...

Heather...both your cards are so special. Love the soft look of your butterfly train and your skate park one is stunning. The colours against the black look fabulous.

Kara Lynne said...

I absolutely love that you masked the area on the butterfly card. Controlled chaos, right? You sure made lemonade out of your graffiti wally - perfect for a skate park.

Andrea W said...

Your butterfly trail card is beautiful! Very creative!!!

Anita Rex said...

Love them! I love the way you used the splatter technique and really enjoyed reading how you loved it as a child! Such clever ideas, the splatter technique works so well for both!

Trinh said...

One technique but 2 very different looks! I love the butterfly trail and the background color that you chose for it. And that wall is so cool.

maria f. said...

Love both. Cool to mask and then splatter. Love your asphalt idea.

Nona said...

Wow, both cards are amazing, Heather! Such a creative way to incorporate splattering on your cards! So beautifully done :)

Maureen Morton said...

Sounds like your Mom had her hands full, Heather! You are so darn creative....I can hardly believe it. That butterfly trail takes my breath away with the contrast on the lovely dark paper. And that cutie at the skate park....well, I can't even find the words. Too amazing, my dear.

Deirdre said...

These are both fabulous Heather. Love them. Saw you were featured over on Crafting Ireland - CONGRATS.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love all the splatters, Heather! Amazing trail for the butterfly and then the skateboard park - genius!

CanadianScraps43 said...

So happy that you were featured in the Moxie Fab World Heather. So happy to see one of my HA Friends in the winnner circle. Love both of your cards for the Splatter Challenge. The first is so elegant and that second is super cool. Love how you did the ashpalt and the skater is super cool. Congrats.

Nina Yang said...

So smart, Heather!

Related Posts with Thumbnails