Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumn Birthday

I wanted to make a card and wrap a gift for a friend using autumn colours and some natural elements.

Autumn Birthday
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Antique Engravings, Maple Leaf & It’s a Day for a Cupcake.

To make the wrapping paper and background for the card, I stamped the butterflies on a piece of parcel paper and kraft card, using walnut stain distress ink. I used a variety of distress inks (spiced marmalade, mustard seed, rusty hinge and barn door) on the leaves.

Autumn Birthday

The maple leaf image was inked up and lightly spritzed with water before stamping. Then I cut out the leaves and applied some more ink as needed. Walnut stain was used again to stamp the sentiment on the card. To finish I just added raffia, wooden buttons and some twigs from the garden.

Autumn Gift

I’m submitting the card into the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, and the projects into the Paper Crafts September Gallery Challenge and the current Hero Arts Challenge (Fall Feast).

9 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Heather! So very special!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Heather! Your friend is very lucky to get this gift set!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow absolutely stunning Heather!!

Aida said...

I found your blog through Hero Arts. Great Fall card and parcel! I just adore fall it is my favorite time of the year. The color of the leaves are amazing!! Great Job!!

Dawn T said...

Amazing Heather. Those leaves look so realistic. What a great way to use them on your parcel.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous leaf card and wrap, Heather! What beautiful colors and I love the raffia trim!

Maureen Morton said...

I have never cared for fall......but, you have my heart with this spectacular creation, Heather. So much and all so great! those leaves look real.

Monika Reeck said...

How are you Heather hope all is hgoing well at your side..
I love this card and the packaging idea
your stamping like a new design paper
love that looks so real leaves too Heather
I have a sad news at 23 May my MIL was passed away..
I hope now she is happy in the Heaven..
She has brain tumor stadiium 4 got also chemotherapy..she stays for about 11 Month since last June 2014..
Heather hope we can visiting each other again
always happy to ge HA Lady (from Flickr) give encouragement..
I love your style Heather
big hugs
Monika

Related Posts with Thumbnails