Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day Gift Box with Brooch

This year in Ireland we celebrated Mother's Day on 10th March, but to all those who are celebrating the day today - Happy Mother's Day!

I was delighted to have had a project picked up for the May/June issue of Paper Crafts Magazine. I haven't seen the digital version of the magazine yet, but I think it must be in there somewhere.



As you can see from the cover, part of the magazine is dedicated to ideas for Mother's Day. So to wrap up a gift for mom, I made a gift box with a detachable brooch.


Stamp (Hero Arts) - Celebrate Everyday

The box was made in no time using my Silhouette Cameo and this design. Then I added some ribbon to attach a brooch onto and a sentiment from Hero Arts' Celebrate Everyday set, a set which covers so many special occasions during the year.



The brooch was made using some felt and dahlia Nestabilities. My good friend Linda sent me a fabulous set of rhinestones, one of which I used for the centre of the brooch - thanks again Linda:)

Hope you are having a great weekend!




7 comments:

Dawn T said...

gorgeous gift box Heather ~~ congrats on your publication.

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous and creative gift! I am sure you Mother will love it! Happy Mother's Day to you!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Heather congrats on being published again, you box is gorgeous. (I have emailed you with a question)
Sally

Maureen Morton said...

Another publication! Congrats, my talented friend! This is so stunning - brilliant color and delightful design. You've rocked it again, Heather.

Petti said...

Such a gorgeous creation! Well deserved to be published!

Trinh said...

That flower is a stunner and it sets off the gift box beautifully! Congrats on the pub, Heather!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another beauty in publication, Heather! Big congrats!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails