Thursday, September 26, 2013

Gossamer Wings in Handmade Cards

I like when I can combine a bit of stamping and a bit of stitching on my cards. In the case of this card today, there’s a little stamping and a lot of stitching.

Gossamer Wings

Stamp (Hero Arts) – It’s Your Day
Die (Hero Arts) – Butterfly

The card was recently published in the fabric and fibres section of Paper Crafts Handmade Cards. When I came home from work this evening, I started poring over the digital version of the magazine. It looks like it's packed full of wonderful projects and I'm not even halfway through the magazine yet.


For the background I used lots of distress inks (barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, shabby shutters, tumbled glass and dusty concord) and went with matching threads on each panel. After die cutting the butterfly, I added a piece of silver organza to the back to give parts of the wings a semi transparent look. To finish it off I added a bit of bling. Thanks for visiting:)

7 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Heather this is gorgeous! Love the wavy, rainbow coloured background!

Trinh said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Heather! I see why PC snatched this one up. But I do think that about everything you make. :) Congrats on the pub!

Sue McRae said...

What a fabulous card Heather! Love the undulating strips of colourful card stock and all the stitching! Congrats on the publication!

Dawn T said...

totally awesome Heather. So happy for you that it got into the magazine.

CinnamonSally said...

Such a bright and cheerful card Heather, congrats on being published again!

Martha said...

Heather, CONGRATULATIONS, on the well-deserved publication! This is simply BEAUTIFUL!

Arlene said...

So glad you were published because this card is beautiful and unique.

Related Posts with Thumbnails