Monday, February 15, 2016

Scrappy Happy Weekend

Over the weekend I continued with the plan to use up more of my card and fabric scraps to make some more cards. I got a bit carried away and made the following four cards plus blocks to go on future cards.

I forgot to take photos of my scraps before I started and I've completely used up some of the patterned paper scraps but I had a little bundle like this put together at the start of the weekend with fabric, card and even envelopes from bills.


My favourite die from WPlus9's Quilt Cuts 2 set is the star die and I used it and the inlaid die cut technique for all of my cards. For the first two cards I used some rainbow coloured fabric which I had left over from a quilt I made years ago.


Dies - Quilt Cuts 2 (WPlus9), Scalloped Squares (Spellbinders), Tags & Bookplates (Docrafts)
Stamp - Everyday Sayings (Hero Arts)



Die - Quilt Cuts 2 (WPlus9)
Stamp - It's Your Day (Hero Arts)


I love greens and blues so I have loads of scraps in these colours left over from other projects. In my stash of plain card scraps I have lots of kraft and white so used a combination of patterned and plain scraps to make the following cards.


Dies - Quilt Cuts 2 (WPlus9), Scalloped Squares (Spellbinders) and Thanks Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts)


Dies - Quilt Cuts 2 (WPlus9), Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp) and Tags & Bookplates (Docrafts)
Stamp - Everyday Sayings (Hero Arts)


Whenever I can I like to use recycled materials on my cards and now, thanks to the blue and white patterned insides of envelopes which came with bills, I have some blocks lined up for another card. At least there's some upside to bills;)




4 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely work, Heathr, I couldn't pick a fave! A question: when you're die-cutting fabics, do you have a tip on how to get them into those tiny areas without stretching them or fraying them? Seems like very intense work to me!

Cat Craig said...

These are all fabulous Linda! Way to go on using up the scraps.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Heather, you really went to town with all your scraps!! Just love all your quilt creations, especially the rainbow ones and the bill liner ones. My bills don't have great liners like those!!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Heather and fabulous that you used so many scraps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails