Friday, April 21, 2017

Rainbow Flower

I love the theme of this week's Wednesday challenge over at Simon Says Stamp - Showers and/or Flowers and had fun today playing along with the challenge. For my card I decided to have silver sequins representing the rain and, as a rainbow is always a great bonus after a shower, made a rainbow background for the card.

Dies - Tudor Rose Collection (Spellbinders), Curvy Leaves (Elizabeth Craft Designs) and Thanks Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts)

I started by applying distress inks (barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, salty ocean and shaded lilac) to white card, spritzed with water and repeated the process. Once I was happy with the background I matted it top and bottom with black card and adhered it to a white card base. As the background was so colourful I decided to die cut my flowers and leaves from white card. When the flowers were layered, I added a silver sequin to the flower centre.


The sentiment was die cut twice from black card and layered for some dimension. A sprinkling of silver sequins finished the card.

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning Heather. Beautiful background allows the flowers to pop

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful card Heather, love the background you have created.

Cindy C. said...

You've got rain, rainbow, and flowers all on one card, what brilliant design!! Well done Heather!

Gayatri said...

Amazing colours on the background. Love the white die cut flowers. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Showers/Flowers challenge. Gayatri xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your rainbow background, Heather, and the gems make perfect "rain"! So perfect with the white flower and the layered black sentiment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails