Friday, April 2, 2021

An Easter Card on Good Friday

I've used Simon Says Stamp's pretty Outline Floral Cross die on quite a few Communion and Confirmation cards, but for my first time I'm using it on an Easter card.

To start with I used distress inks and water spritzing to make a rainbow panel, or I should say three rainbow panels on different cardstocks with differing results. After that I die cut the cross and decided which background it looked best against. The cross was adhered to the panel with foam pads and I added a Hero Arts flower gem to finish. I matted the panel on white card and added it to the card base using foam pads.

Die - Outline Floral Cross (Simon Says Stamp) & Distress Inks (barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, tumbled glass and dusty concord) - Tim Holtz Ranger

For the inside I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts' Celebrate Everyday set, die cut it out and matted it on a piece die cut from one of the other rainbow panels.

Stamp - Celebrate Everyday (Hero Arts), Die - Labels 4 (Spellbinders) & Distress Inks (mowed lawn, tumbled glass and dusty concord) - Tim Holtz Ranger

I'm submitting this card into Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.

5 comments:

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Heather! Wishing you and your family a lovely Easter!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful rainbow background for that lovely floral cross, Heather!! I love the sentiment on the label inside too!! Easter blessings to you and the family!!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is fabulous Heather, love the rainbow background you have created, so pretty!

Connie said...

Hello and Happy Easter from a fellow paper crafter. Your card is lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails