Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Honey

I love the cute little bees from the Be Happy set and decided to use them on my hubby’s birthday card this year.

Happy Birthday Honey
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Be Happy, Clouds, Magical Background, Birthday Messages, Envelope Pattern & Heart Owls

The clouds are stamped with tumbled glass distress ink which had been lightly spritzed with water. All of the hills and the sun came from pieces in my scrap mountain. I coloured the little bees with a ProMarker and colouring pencil. To finish I just added a little diamond stickles to the bees’ wings and Glossy Accents to all the hearts. It’s hard to tell from the photo, but the red background is stamped with the Magical Background using VersaMark.

A quick post today, but right now I have a slice of birthday cake calling me!

9 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

What a cute scene you have created Heather, I bet hubby loves it!!

Lin said...

Heather I am absolutely stealing your idea for MY next anniversary card! This could not be any cuter, sweet without being gushy! LOOOOOOOOVE it!

Virginia L. said...

This is so sweet! Your honey must BEE happy to have you! Happy Birthday to your DH!!

Patricia said...

Super cute card I love it

Maureen Morton said...

Heather, this is so YOU! Love all the sweet details! I can't bee-lieve it! That beautifully inked sun, those adorable hearts, the great torn paper landscape....not to mention those fantastic bees with the sparkly wings. You did again! Thanks, too, for the help with my post!

Barb said...

So darn cute, Heather! Just love those sweet, little bees! The whole scene is so creative!

Dawn T said...

way too cute Heather.... I hope your hubby appreciates all the love that went into this!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So darling! Those bees are just too cute! Thanks for reminding me to get out this set and play with it again!

Trinh said...

I hope Philip had a wonderful birthday! I love those little bees and the glossy hearts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails