Thursday, September 8, 2011

Owl book gift card holder and bookmark

Something my friends and I do more often in the autumn is read. So I made this little gift card holder which has a pocket inside for a book gift card and bookmark.

To start with, I white embossed some white card with the Friend Definition stamp and applied spiced marmalade distress ink. For the woodgrain pieces I applied walnut stain distress ink to white card and stamped the Woodgrain Background using the same ink.

Owl book gift card holder & book mark
Stamps (Hero Arts ) - Friend Definition, Heart Owls, Designer Woodgrain and Flourish Background

The green background started as white card and this was white embossed with the Flourish Background and some shabby shutters distress ink applied. The little owls were coloured with colouring pencils. I just added some googly eyes, leaves (May Arts ribbon) and glossy hearts to finish.

I'm submitting these into this month's Hero Arts Challenge and the Resist Challenge at Lily Pad Cards. Now I'm off to tackle a mountain of ironing which I should have been doing this morning instead of getting inky!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

heather, these are amazing! The woodgrain back ground looks very real, and I love the little touches you added to the owls. Very very cute!

Anette said...

Great idea, Heather, and so cute too!!!

Brenda said...

Oh Heather, this is such a sweet, sweet set! I adore that little bookmark! You really are so talented, always thinking out of the box! What an inspiration!

Maureen Morton said...

Heather, you have done it again! Don't know how you are doing all you do. Such lovely cuteness. We do lots of reading, too - this is such a dear gift idea. I love all of your owls. You amaze!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is just adorable!!!!!! Love the owl sitting in the circle!! The matching bookmark is terrific!!

Maria :)

CinnamonSally said...

This is a fabulous set Heather, love that cute bookmark and matching card.

Patricia said...

Omg Heather is the cutest thing I seen ever I love it =P

jintyoo7 said...

Oh wow, Heather -this is an adorable set. My daughter just walked and squealed with delight too!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Heather. Love the owls.

Libby Hickson said...

OH HEATHER!!! This is sooo adorable!! Love love love!!

Lucy Abrams said...

These are just TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!

judkajudi said...

Absolutely adorable! congrats on the Tweet! Love your use of those distress inks!

Trinh said...

Awww this is such a cute set! The owl is just too adorable.

Deirdre said...

This is the featured project today on 2peas in the gallery - wooooohoooo!

Linda Beeson said...

Simply wonderful! I am so glad you mentioned the supplies and colors you used, love that orange!

Related Posts with Thumbnails