Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Quilt Block Card Set

I wanted to make a set of cards to include with my Mum's birthday present so pulled out one of the dies from WPlus9's Quilt Cuts 2 set.


Die (WPlus9) - Quilt Cuts 2, Stamps (Hero Arts) - Dolls, Everyday Sayings and It's Your Day, Paper (Studio Calico) - Snippets

Having dabbled in quilting in the past, I just LOVE this set and am looking forward to making lots more blocks in the future, using fabrics as well as paper. It will be a perfect way of using up some of my mountain of scraps.


Die (WPlus9) - Quilt Cuts 2, Stamp (Hero Arts) - Dolls & Paper (Studio Calico) - Snippets

Anyway I still had Studio Calico's Snippets paper out on my desk from making this card the other day so decided to use the same papers again.

Die (WPlus9) - Quilt Cuts 2, Stamp (Hero Arts)- Everyday Sayings & Paper (Studio Calico) - Snippets

After die cutting and putting together the quilt blocks I added little heart gems to the centres. Then using Nestabilities, I die cut scallop squares to use as a border around the blocks. The sentiments were stamped using Hero Arts Cup O' Joe shadow ink.


Die (WPlus9) - Quilt Cuts 2, Stamp (Hero Arts)- Everyday Sayings & Paper (Studio Calico) - Snippets

I'm submitting this card set into Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.


Die (WPlus9) - Quilt Cuts 2, Stamp (Hero Arts) - It's Your Day & Paper (Studio Calico) - Snippets

The birthday girl should be here any minute so I'm off to get the cake ready!


7 comments:

Lin said...

Can I be your 2nd Mom? :))) Just ADORE these, Heather, and I think I'd better go put those dies on my wishlist! Beautifully done, my friend! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards!! Such wonderful designs! Fabulous work!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Virginia L. said...

These dies are made for YOU, Heather! I love each and every one of them! Gorgeous creations!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Heather. The colour combos are fabulous.

Kristie Goulet said...

These are gorgeous cards. Love the color combos.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great set for your Mammy, Heather! Just love what you did with that quilt die - more inspiration for when I get to use the ones you made me!!

Monika Reeck said...

yay love all Heather..I wish I get one on my birthday please in Purple (smile) this DIES really fit for you and I have that stamp sets too, we have similar stamp Sets Heather LOL and I miss the time that I can hop to all ladies at HA Flickr now...to less time with blogging ...

I am happy still keep you and some Lady from Hero Arts that if I have time I will so happy to visiting their blog and they love to visiting me too...do you think card maker world is very beautiful Heather...hope you are doing well ...hugs, Monika

Related Posts with Thumbnails