Saturday, June 28, 2014

Quilted Thanks and Bookmark

I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd want to play again with the Quilt Cuts 2 dies from WPlus9 and this morning used them to make a card and matching bookmark.


Die - Quilt Cuts 2 (WPlus9), Stamp - Making the World a Better Place (Hero Arts), Papers - Snippets (Studio Calico) & Basics (Pebbles)

After die cutting and assembling the quilt blocks, I layered them on a strip of paper which I had punched with Fiskars threading water punch. The sentiment was stamped with faded denim distress ink. To finish I added a wooden button threaded with twine.

Then I made a little bookmark with another block. I layered the block on a scallop square die cut and sandwiched a large paper clip between this and another scallop square die cut.


I'm submitting these into Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Hope you're enjoying the weekend:)

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful! Love it! And what better book to choose to showcase your bookmark than Harry Potter? Big fan here :o)

Lin said...

You pick the BEST papers to go with these dies, Heather! Love 'em!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love this die Heather and love the colours you have chosen !!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Heather I really love your QUILT and the color it looks like a real one..My Oma as she was still alive made always a blanket with quilt and rest of the clothes she has...I got one blanket my sister also and it reminds me of her Heather...I love also your little book Mark a very great Idea I will copy your idea and give you a Credit if I CASE ing your Book mark...thanks alot for visiting me dear...Hugs, Monika

Teresa Kline said...

hi Heather! this is precious, I adore the neutral l color added in, sweet! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Dawn T said...

delightful Heather. Your quilt card and bookmark are awesome. Love the colours,

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card and bookmark, Heather! Just love what you've been doing with the quilt die - you've chosen such wonderful patterns!

Related Posts with Thumbnails