Sunday, October 26, 2014

Joyful Flurry

I wanted to join in again on the Simon Says Stamp Watercolouring Challenge over on Flickr, so last night I got out some purple and blue watercolour paints to make a background. I much prefer the colour of the card in real life compared to how it appears in the photo. In real life it's more purple than blue, but for some reason my camera seems to be picking up the blues more than the purples no matter how many photos I've taken in different lights! Anyway you'll just have to imagine this card as being purple:)


Dies - Simon Says Stamp (Eliza & Kate snowflakes), Die-mamics (By the Letters), Memory Box (Bristol Snowflake)


To make the background I applied water to watercolour paper and then added the paint. Then I sprinkled some salt on parts of the panel. I wasn't quite sure how that would work out but I like the look it gave to the panel.


Then it was just a matter of scattering snowflakes on the panel. I used Simon Says Stamp's Eliza and Kate snowflake dies, a snowflake punch and some pretty snowflakes my friend Linda had sent me. For some sparkle I added sequins and gems. I die cut the sentiment a number of times from silver card, layered the letters and added silver glitter to the top layer.


Hope you're enjoying the weekend. Tomorrow is a bank holiday for us so we're looking forward to the extra long weekend and mid-term break from school.

8 comments:

Barb said...

The effect you achieved on that background is stunning, Heather! Love your beautiful snowflakes and that gorgeous, glittery sentiment! Thank you for playing in the challenge! ♥

Lin said...

LOVE this, Heather - the salt is a great ide - gives the effect of frost on glass!

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous background for your showflakes Heather!

Nancy said...

WOW! Your background is so magical! Perfect for the snowflakes!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your watercolor background looks amazing behind your array of snowflakes, Heather! Just love how you mixed them and that silver JOY looks great too!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous background Heather. Love the colours.

Monika Reeck said...

wwooow Heather the background is so fantabulous I love it also with blue and purple (my fav color) and add of salt is a great idea..so clever you are...and nice snow flakes on your card...adorable Winter card, hugs, Monika

Dagmar said...

wow - it´s great - the Colors are fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails