Monday, April 13, 2015

Birthday Brunch

I needed to give my hands a break from all the snipping that's involved in finishing a raggy quilt so thought I make a card for an upcoming birthday.

To start with I mixed a white and a red watercolour paint to make various shades of pink. After applying paint to a panel of watercolour card, that had been moistened with water, I added some splashes in the stronger pinks. Once the panel was dry I added the "happy" die cut sentiment that was made up of three layers and the gold embossed sentiment panel.

IMGP5523

Stamps & die (Hero Arts) - Happy Stamp & Cut and It's Your Day

Then to finish I added a sprinkling of sequins and gems in various shades of pink. I don't eat much ice cream but every time I look at this card it reminds me of one ice cream that I do like, a brunch, and now I'd fancy having one! Because of the splashes of paint and the sparkle of the sequins and gems I thought the card would fit into the showers part of Simon Says Stamp's April Showers and\or Spring Flowers Challenge.

4 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Woooww so many splatter Heather I adore this
I am so bad at making splater..my brush never can do it..I am so newbie at making splatter..and this is so clean and so funtastic made Heather..see Less is More challenge they ask for splatter you could join there..and I have a birthday Linky Party for my birthday..I would be thrilled if you like to join in :)
Big hugs...
Monika

PS: here is the link to my birthday linky party:

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-birthday-linky-party-open-until-30.html

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful background. It makes a gorgeous card.

Sarah G said...

That background is so pretty, Heather! Love the various shades of pink and splatters :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Now I'm hungry for ice cream, Heather! Just love your gorgeous watercolored background and layered happy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails