Tuesday, July 12, 2016

CAS Christmas

It's time again to set a Christmas card challenge for my friend Linda and this week it's going to be a CAS Christmas card. I have to say CAS cards are definitely a challenge for me but I thought I'd give it a go anyway this week. I see Linda has already posted a challenge for me here on her blog - can't wait to make a start on something!

After die cutting a window and stamping a sentiment on a panel of white card, I added a little elf peeking out of the window. I adhered an embossed circle to the card base before attaching the panel with foam pads. To finish I applied stickles to the trim and bobble on the elf's hat. It was such a quick and easy card to make especially as I had the elf image already coloured with Promarkers and ready to go on a card.


Stamps - Santa's Elves Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts) & Woodland Wreaths (WPlus9)
Die - Nestabilities Circles (Spellbinders)
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug Lace Tree (Provo Craft)


For my matching tag I used another elf image from the same Hero Arts set and sandwiched baker's twine between the embossed circle and a backing circle.


Stamp - Santa's Elves Stamp & Cut (Hero Arts)
Die - Nestabilities Circles (Spellbinders)
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug Lace Tree (Provo Craft)



If you'd like to join in on Linda's challenge and/or mine we'd love you to add a link to your card on either of our blogs.

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh Heather, what darling (dare I say cute?!) elves!! Just love how they're peeking out from the circles!! CAS is not my strong suit so will be a perfect challenge for me!! Off I go to get started....

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Heather how are you
I hope you are doing well
I miss the time that we always visiting each other..how is your life..the kids is big now right..my one is 12 and 9 years old boys..
now about your card
so so so cuute
I always love your coloring and the tag match the card so well
great image beautiful coloring and I adore your set...
Linda will be happy to get this..
big hugs from OLD Pal from Hero Arts Flickr

Monika

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful CAS card & tag, challenge well met :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So delighted to get this card with your Christmas package to me, Heather! Many thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails