Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day

It's been quite a while since I've blogged, but my good friend Linda told me about a fun challenge at the Die Cut Divas Challenge Blog. So I decided to join in.

This month's challenge is to make a fun fold card. I have to admit I think I've only ever made a couple of fun fold cards before, but after making one for the challenge, I think I'll be making lots of different kinds of fun fold cards from now on. So the card I made, using a z fold design, is a Valentine for my hubby.

Die - Renaissance Heart Fancy Die (Hero Arts), Stamp - Celebrate Everyday (Hero Arts) and Paper - Romantic Patterned Scrapbook Paper (Crelando)

I have a few different heart dies in my stash but one of my favourites is a Hero Arts die called Renaissance Heart Fancy Die. For this card I die cut the heart from silver glitter card and backed it with a light pink pearlescent card.

The z fold base was so quick and easy to make by just scoring the front of the card down the centre and folding it back on itself.
I used paper from a paper pad I found in Lidl over a year ago to cover the card front and inside. I left the centre panel blank so I could write my message on it. The sentiment was heat embossed using Versamark and silver embossing powder.
I thought the sweet little sparkly birds were so cute. There's lots more sparkle on the card but we've had cloudy day after cloudy day here since I've made the card, so I didn't capture it very well in the photos.

6 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

very cute card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous Valentine for hubs, Heather!! Just love the sparkly heart and the sweet birdie paper - perfect for your love!! Sooooo glad you're back to blogging after "a wee bit" of an absence - you were missed!! Delighted you took up the fun fold challenge and joined us at Die Cut Divas this month!! XOXO

CinnamonSally said...

Such a fun fold card Heather, love the sparkly heart, such a pretty card. So good to see you back blogging after so long. Hope you are keeping well. x

Cindy C. said...

So elegant and beautiful!! Thanks for joining us this February at Die Cut Divas.

Lin said...

Hi Heather, glad to hear from you again! What a pretty card, love the sweet little birds!

Arlene said...

How lovely, clean, simple and elegant. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Fold It” challenge this month.

Related Posts with Thumbnails