Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Scrappy Shamrock

Recently I've been sorting out my paper scraps and what a job it's been! I don't know how I've managed to accumulate so many scraps but I'm going to try to use more and more of them in my cards before the scrap containers burst at the seams.

With so many scraps of green patterned paper on hand, I decided to use some of them on a card I sent to my aunt for St Patrick's Day.
Stamp - Celebrate Everyday (Hero Arts), Embossing Folder - Shamrocks (Darice), Dies - Fancy Tags (Spellbinders) & Framelits Hearts (Sizzix)

I stuck strips of patterned paper onto pieces of light cardstock and die cut three scrappy hearts. The hearts were put together to form a shamrock and I used some of the card left over after die cutting the hearts to make a stem.
The background was dry embossed and the sentiment stamped on a die cut tag.

Here we don't send each other St Patrick's Day cards, so I usually only make one every year for a friend who lives further afield. But because of visiting restrictions this year due to Covid, I made a few more to send, so I'll post those tomorrow given the day that's in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails