Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fabric Heart Valentine

This is a Valentine I made for my hubby and it incorporates themes from a couple of challenges too - the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and the Love & Hugs & Kisses theme for the current Hero Arts’ Challenge.

Fabric Heart Valentine
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Four Hearts, Dot Flower Pattern and Celebrate Everyday

To make the background I applied barn door distress ink to white card, and using the same ink, stamped the Dot Flower Pattern. The sentiment is also stamped in barn door distress ink. To make the heart I stamped the heart (again using barn door distress ink) on a piece of fabric and sandwiched thick wadding between it and another piece of fabric. Then I machine stitched the outline of the heart and cut it out slightly beyond the stitched line. I snipped toward the stitched line and frayed the cut fabric to fluff it up a little. To finish I just added a bow and pearl. Before using the wadding I sprayed it lightly with my favourite perfume – it gives a nice scent and also a hint of a perfume I might like to receive on Valentine’s Day!!

19 comments:

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, heather!! that showcases your amazing ability to combine fabric and paper effortlessly!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Heather, I love how you use fabric on your cards!

Barb said...

Oh, Heather, I just love when you create with fabric! Magic happens! What a gorgeous card! Love that amazing heart! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh my, this is so adorable!

Maureen Morton said...

What a great idea - and adding the scent, too! Love this little stuffed heart, Heather and on that background it really pops! I {heart} this card!

Dawn T said...

this is adorable Heather, You are very clever.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous! You are the Queen of Fabric! This is no exception!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Heather, this is beautiful!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is so adorable! I love it so! The puffy heart really give s a warm touch to the card!

Helen F. said...

What a 'special' Valentine. Love the puffy fabric heart :o)

Anita Rex said...

Love your heart Heather! You should have called this post I puffy heart you! :> I can't wait for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I never visited your blog before, but I will definitely be back! Love your style, love those stamps!!

any63 said...

adorable!
bonjour de France

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh Heather - I just love your Valentine for Philip! Your fabric heart is so amazing!

Chrystina said...

This is an awesome combination of paper and fabric. Out of curiosity, how did you attach the fabric heart to the card?

stampingandstitching said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, I really appreciate them:)

Chrystina, I attached the heart with double sided sticky tape.

Tracey said...

Oh how I LOVE this one Maria!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

LaVon Hall said...

I love the stitching and the fabric use!

Related Posts with Thumbnails