Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hero Arts Launch Day at An Siopa Buí

I just wanted to share the wonderful day I had yesterday with the lovely Kerry, Linda and Kim from An Siopa Buí, Spiddal, Co Galway. The shop is located two and a half hours away from us on the scenic west coast about 10 miles from Galway. The view from the shop is just spectacular on a clear day but I didn’t get any photos outside yesterday as it was misty and rainy the whole day.

The owner of the shop Kerry , had arranged a day packed with make and takes and demos given by her and Linda. Kerry also kept us fuelled for the day with lots of American style yummies – popcorn, red velvet cheese cakes and snickerdoodles. I’d never tasted snickerdoodles or red velvet cheesecake before but oh wow are they yummy! I’ll have to go looking for recipes for them!

This was my first time to get to a Hero Arts launch party in An Siopa Buí but seemingly each year Kerry arranges for a special cake to be baked and decorated to tie in with the cover of the Hero Arts Catalogue. Look what we enjoyed with a cuppa this year!!

Kerry with the delicious cake to celebrate the occasion!


Looks too good to eat but we managed to demolish it!


So now onto photos of the cards. I didn't manage to get photos of all of the cards but below are the ones I took. All of these cards were made by Kerry or Linda who were full of great ideas, tips and kept us laughing all day!

A pretty make and take card by Kerry


A beautiful card by Kerry. I fell in love with this button cardstock - wish I could find a stamp like it!


This gorgeous masculine card was made before I arrived at the shop so I'm not sure who made it!


Another of Kerry's gorgeous cards - will definitely have to try this design!


Another beautiful card made before I got to the shop - can't wait to receive this stamp in my order from Hero Arts!


One of Linda's gorgeous cards.


A fab card and matching envelope by Kerry


Kerry's romantic looking card.


A romantic card from Hero Arts. I wonder if one of my Hero Hostess pals made this one!


The shop is packed full of stampy goodies and it was great to do some (or should I say a lot!) of shopping there. I picked up a number of the new Hero Arts stamps and quite a lot of other things too!



Can’t wait for my next trip to An Siopa Buí!

14 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Oh wow Heather looks like you had an amazing day all the cards are gorgeous and as for that yummy looking cake... I have made snickerdoodles and I always use the recipe by The Hummingbird bakery they are really delicious and really easy. I have found this link for you http://thegoddesskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/05/snickerdoodles.html
Your boys will love them!!

Karen said...

Wonderful projects! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Snickerdoodles are a family favourite in our house, and I always make a batch to take along when we go camping. They are easy to make, in fact I always use the recipe in my junior cookbook that I got for my 11th birthday.

Barb said...

Wow, Heather - looks like an amazing day! Can't wait to see what you create with all your new goodies! Gorgeous cards from Kerry and Linda, and that cake looks fabulous! :)

Anita Rex said...

What a fun day! I love seeing all the cards and the beautiful cake! I am glad you were able to make the 2 and a half hour drive, it looks like it was so worth it! :>

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Hi Heather - such great photos from your fun day at An Siopa Buí! You didn't say how much lighter your wallet is :) Can't wait to see what you create with all your new supplies!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, what gorgeous cards....super detailed and lovely....the cake looks yummy too...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Trinh said...

Wow, Heather, looks like you had a fabulous day! The make & takes are beautiful & that cake looks delish!

Judy1223 said...

Heather, sure looks like you had a fun day! Great cards, yummy food...what could be better? I wish it had been a sunny day...I would have loved to see some pics of Galway (I was there many years ago and fell in love with Galway Bay!).

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, Heather! Such a fun and special day - looks like it was really worth the drive! Such great cards and treats, too?! A day to remember. Thanks for sharing. PS I'm American and have never had red velvet cheesecake!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous cards. What a fun day you had.

walchowDesign said...

Looks like you had an amazing day! Wowzy, the cake looked so HA and all the cards are so inspiring! TFS!

Aaron Leventhal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deirdre said...

Wow Heather - looks like you had a blast.

maria f. said...

What a cool cake. Hey, you could make a button BG stamp out of play foam. Circles with holes punched into them... Luvleescrappin has good DIY videos on you tube.

Related Posts with Thumbnails