Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sack and Cereal Box Valentine

I wanted to make another card for the Around the House Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and ended up picking things I never thought I would use on a card - a sack which had spring flowering bulbs in it (lol can you tell I'm a hoarder?!) and a cereal box.

Sack & Cereal Box Valentine
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Buttons & Celebrate Everyday

With these materials I thought I'd make a masculine Valentine. To start with I adhered the sacking to white card and die cut circles using my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities. I applied barn door distress ink to the inside part of a piece cut from a cereal box. Then using the same ink, I stamped the heart button on this and two other pieces of cereal box. These were all cut out and adhered together. I added some more distress ink around the edges and poked holes through the "button" with a needle. The sentiment is also stamped with barn door distress ink.

Sack & Cereal Box Valentine close up

I'm also submitting this card into the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and the current Hero Arts Challenge, Love and Hugs and Kisses.

20 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Ha! - I just posted a card where I used a cereal box. My husband opened a cupboard the other day and several empty boxes came flying out - guess I need to get cutting a bit faster! Love the pattern here, Heather! You have such a great eye for balance and color. Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany Ervin said...

So sweet and such a fun loving card! Love that little red heart!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Love this texture! Simply darling!

Anita Rex said...

Love that you saved the sack and than actually used it! :> What a fabulous card! Super creative Heather!

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely BRILLIANT, heather!! love it!!

Judy1223 said...

Heather, how amazing! Way to use household items for this lovely card! Great textures and colors!

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous product to use on your card Heather! Love the texture and weight it gives to it!

Brenda said...

That is the sweetest and most creative design I have seen in a while Heather! Gorgeous texture too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the sack covered circles, Heather! So great with that red button stamp! Amazing what you can do with a cereal box!!

Cindy C. said...

What a clever design!

Trinh said...

You're not a hoarder, Heather - you're a upcycler!! I love the texture and the design.

Dawn T said...

wonderful Heather. very clever use of your sacking and cereal box

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous Heather - a winner in my book!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Heather this is fabulous, I am glad to hear I am not the only hoarder. Love the texture you have created.

donna mikasa said...

Great recycling, Heather! I love the texture from the burlap!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks again for linking up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Cheryl said...

Love this! Great design and texture.

Trinh said...

Woo hoo, Heather, a big congrats on your Moxie Fab win!! Hope you are doing well!

maria f. said...

From one recycler to another... great job! Love the clean design your card has.

Suzanne C said...

Congrats on your win! brilliant card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails