Sunday, January 22, 2012

You Make my World Happy

This is a card I made for my hubby. It’s not for any particular occasion, it’s just to tell him how I feel – sorry, should have given a soppy alert on this post!

You Make my World Happy

Stamps (Hero Arts) - Right at Home & Woodland Creatures

I decided to combine two challenges the Map to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and Hero Arts’ Love & Hugs and Kisses Challenge. CAS cards are a bit of a struggle for me but I’m still trying and I hope this card is sort of CASish!

I stamped the cute picture from the Right at Home set a few times, cut out the centre and coloured the frame with a marker. Then I took an old map and cut out significant places for my hubby and me – where we went on our first date, where we were married and where our boys were born. The map piece on the centre picture is a bit worn at one edge, but I like that because it’s one of the places we love and often visit. So I just hung the pictures with some thread and beads and added a heart gem beside the sentiment.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend:)

20 comments:

Patricia said...

Wonderful card your hubby love it sure =)

Cindy C. said...

Such a sweet card Heather!

Carol Mc said...

Great card. Good luck with your challenge entries.

Rachel said...

so cute! I love how each map is a special place for you, that is a great Valentines Day idea!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

what a sweet card for your hubby, heather!! i'm sure he loved it!!

Barb said...

What a sweet card for your hubby, Heather! Love the idea of using the maps, with specific places that are special to both of you - brilliant! Your paper piercing is perfect too! :)

Anne said...

This is so awesome Heather- love how you framed the maps and you do CAS very well my dear!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a FABULOUS card!!! I love the maps hanging on the "wall!" too clever!

Tiffany Ervin said...

That is very sweet of you! I don't make cards for my hubby, he's not too interested in them...lol! I'm sure your hubs will love this!

Trinh said...

Aww, Heather, this is so sweet! Love how each map is a special place for you & Philip.

Maureen Morton said...

This is so sweet & sentimental - talk about love! Great design and brilliant idea, Heather. This is a winner for sure! Love!

Sue Lelli said...

I think this card is so SWEET and your DH will love it! LOVE the paper piercing around the edges!

Judy1223 said...

Heather, how very sweet! I'm sure your husband will love it! Good luck with the challenges, too...perfect card for both!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Heather. Very clever idea.

walchowDesign said...

Fantastic card to remind him of the special locations! Hope everything is well with you!

Tracey said...

WOW oh WOW!!! LOVE this card and idea behind it!!! FABULOUS CAS!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Map to Your Heart challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you "mapped" out some time to play along! :)

Brenda said...

This makes me cry with happiness really, because it came from the heart and the design is gorgeous on top of that!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the clever map pictures, Heather; bet Philip loved it too!

*Paula* said...

Beautiful card - love the idea of using an old map :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails