Monday, October 11, 2010

Cracker Gift Holder

I love Christmas and everything about it so I wanted to join in again on the All Wrapped Up Challenge at Moxie Fab World and submit a project to the Shine on you Crazy Diamond Challenge at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

When I give a gift of money at Christmas I like to make little crackers as gift containers. Inside the cracker I put the money, some punched out snowflakes, a little treat and a silly joke - couldn’t have a cracker without one of those!

Christmas Cracker
Stamps (Hero Arts) Stunning Snowflakes & Holiday Dolls

I white embossed some white card with the Stunning Snowflakes and cut out the shape of a cracker using an old cracker as a template. Then I coloured the doll with markers, applied diamond stickles to the white edges on her hat\jacket and added a pompom to her hat. I tied the cracker with some twine and added a couple of gems – thanks Sue for these!

Christmas Cracker

20 comments:

Arlene said...

I absolutely love this - the doll is perfect - love the bright bold colors. The box is so beautiful too - the stars are shining brightly.

Rosemary said...

how adorable, heather!! your cracker is fantastic!

Barb said...

This is the cutest, little cracker I've ever seen, Heather! Just love the way it all came together! Your Christmas doll is just darling, all dressed up for the holiday!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Heather, wow...what a fabulous cracker! So creative!

Michelle said...

This is so cute,Love this idea! I followed the Hero arts tweet:-)

Patricia said...

So cute project I love it =P. Love the doll with the glitter

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning cracker Heather, what a great idea, its an unusual shaped cracker I would love to see the template design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a darling cracker, Heather! Good luck with the challenge at Moxie Fab World!

Isha Gupta said...

Wow Heather...this is GORGEOUS.Absolutely love it. Where did you find the template??? Would like to know. Thanks

Sarah J Moerman said...

Absolutely LOVE this!

donna mikasa said...

What a cute little cracker! How can you bear to "pop" her? Such a clever idea!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is sooo awesome! Love the shape of that cracker too :)

Dawn T said...

What a great idea Heather, Love this little one

Deirdre said...

Heather - so cute and adorable. Just fab.

Rina Damay said...

oh i love your white pompom!!

Suzanne C said...

Cute Cute Cute! Great idea for the cracker!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Heather Maria! Thanks again for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week All Wrapped Up challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

walchowDesign said...

Very cute cracker and great colouring, Heather!

Trinh said...

I have always thought these crackers were fun but have never tried making one myself. Yours is very pretty & lovely coloring!

Robin said...

Such a neat idea!!! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Related Posts with Thumbnails