Thursday, October 21, 2010

PaperPlay Challenge - Colour Combo

Vera came up with the great colour combination of orange, blue and olive green for this week's PaperPlay Challenge. Whiff of Joy Stamps is kindly sponsoring the challenge and the prize is this adorable Christmas stamp.



A little while ago when Hero Arts was hosting the OWH Virtual Card Making Weekend, Sue came up with a couple of fun games to add even more enjoyment to the weekend. I was lucky to have been randomly picked as one of the winners and Sue very generously sent me the gorgeous butterfly set as well as a host of other wonderful goodies. She also sent me this absolutely stunning card which I love so much! Thanks again Sue for everything!


Stamps (Hero Arts) - Butterflies (3 images), Birthday Messages & Old Letter Writing.

I applied spiced marmalade distress ink to the butterflies and using the same ink stamped them with the Old Letter Writing stamp. Then I applied Crackle Accents (love this stuff!) to parts of the butterflies' wings and added blue gems to the bodies. I applied broken china and faded jeans distress inks onto some watercolour paper for the sky. For the ground, I lightly applied shabby shutters distress ink on watercolour paper, clear embossed a lot of sentiments from the Birthday Messages set and applied more shabby shutters. The twine was originally white and I coloured it with broken china distress ink.



I hope you'll join us on PaperPlay this week!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately but I have a lot of things going on at the moment. Hopefully everything will settle down soon!

17 comments:

Sandie said...

I absolutely LOVE this!! You worked the colour combo to perfection. Congrats on winning such a beautiful stamp set.

Patricia said...

Great card I love it =P

Dawn T said...

absolutely gorgeous colours Heather. I like the look of the crackle. I've seen it but never used it. Looks like fun

Unknown said...

Heather I love evrything about this card...the orange butterflies are gorgeous!
Alicia xx

Isha Gupta said...

Very pretty card Heather. I am loving those Crackle Accents...never tried them.

Deirdre said...

Adore your card Heather... hope today is better than yesterday and that your Mum is on the road to recovery. Sending hugs.

Barb said...

Love this beautiful card, Heather! Your butterflies look amazing with the crackle accents!

Virginia L. said...

Love your butterflies with Crackle Accent and the colors are gorgeous together! Sending hugs!

Rosemary said...

a lovely card, heather! hope things slow down for you soon!!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Heather. Hope your mum's arm is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Heather! Love the butterflies! I think i'm gonna have to go and get some crackle accents now! :)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love your butterflies and the colors are wonderful! Glad you like your stamps!

Nat said...

wow, beautiful butterflies and I love the birthday wishes too! Just gorgeous!! :)

Jenny said...

This is sooo cute Heather, I love it. Im glad to be back making the rounds again. :) :) :) :) :) I missed your blog! hugs

Libby Hickson said...

Love this card! And your cracked glass butterflies are brilliant!

Trinh said...

Very pretty, Heather! Those crackled butterflies are gorgeous!

Yogi said...

love the butterflies. The colors are fabulous and the crackle accents just makes them pop.

Related Posts with Thumbnails