Friday, October 15, 2010

Red Tinsel Ornaments

The Fabulous Flourish stamp is fast becoming a favourite of mine and I’m sure I’ll be using it on cards for lots of different occasions. This time I decided to use it on the background of this Christmas card which I’m submitting into the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge and My Partner in Crafting Crime Challenge #13 (Shine on you Crazy Diamond).

Merry Christmas Ornaments
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Fabulous Flourish, Decorative Ornament & Three Christmas Trees.

I white embossed the flourish and sentiment on some kraft card. The ornaments are embossed with red tinsel embossing powder which has tiny flecks of glitter in it - lovely sparkle in real life but hard to capture in a photograph. I suspended the ornaments from the flourish with some yummy twine that Sue had sent me – thanks again Sue, I love using it on my cards! To finish I just added a few gems.

Merry Christmas Ornaments Close up

It's been a long week so I'm glad Friday is finally here! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

Patricia said...

So beautiful card I love it =P the red ornaments are so beautiful too

Nancy said...

This is so gorgeous Heather. Love those ornaments!

Lin said...

Beautiful combination of stamps, Heather! Really classy!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the pairing of these two stamps! Brilliant!

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful Christmas card, heather! love the sparkly ornaments!

Barb said...

Love the way your beautiful ornaments look against the flourish! Lovely card, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love this card!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful embossing, Heather! Great combination of stamps!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful! What a great idea to hang the ornaments that way! Congrats on your HA tweet! :)

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card. I just love the look of the kraft with the white embossing. Gorgeous!

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful card Heather, love the vivid red ornaments against the Kraft.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Heather, This is an awesome card. Love the red embossed orniments--very classy

Nancy said...

Stunning and so gorgeous! You used my favorite Fabulous Flourish and that little ornament that had me stumped...thank you for this wonderful inspiration, Heather! Have a super weekend...
blessings!

Dawn T said...

Heather - just perfect. Love the coloured string... goes perfectly with the ornaments and what a novel idea to use the Flourish like that....

Anne said...

This is such a beautiful card Heather- those ornaments are just stunning!

Suzanne C said...

Love your beautiful ornaments! Lovely card.

Trinh said...

You are SO clever & creative, Heather! It never would have crossed my mind to orient the Flourish this way. And to have the ornaments hanging from it is genius!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Heather! Love those embossed ornaments - gorgeous!

Robin said...

Love this... you have made me fall in love with Baker's twine!!! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Yogi said...

what a gorgeous flourish stamp. Very nice card. I think I have to look at hero Arts stamps a bit more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails