Friday, October 8, 2010

Wedding Anniversary

Today my hubby and I are celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by - I hope hubby thinks the same thing too lol! Anyway this is the card I made for him. I kept it plain and simple as he seems to prefer that kind of style.


Stamp (Hobby Art)- Village Church

A couple of months ago I spotted the church stamp in a shop and I just had to buy it. It reminded me so much of the local church at home where we were married - very similar looking and out in the middle of the countryside surrounded by fields and trees. We had the most fabulous day and it was so sunny and warm, just like it is today.

The image is coloured with watercolour pencils and I just added some thread and a couple of Hero Arts heart accents. A bit of stitching on the background and I was finished - these CAS cards are done in no time!



Recently I seem to be up to my eyes in stuff so I hope to catch up with visiting blogs over the weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Lin said...

Happy Anniversary, Heather - wishing you many more! Love this pretty church! Your card is perfect!

Barb said...

What a special card, Heather! The church image is so charming! Your hubby will love it! Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Trinh said...

Happy anniversary, Heather! I think this is simply beautiful & a perfect guy's card. I love the 2 little hearts. :)

Rosemary said...

what a lovely anniversary card, heather! i know your husband will love it! that stamp is so pretty and i can see why you wanted it!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Happy anniversary, Heather! Your card is so lovely. I wish you many, many happiness! Hugs.

Anita Rex said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow on 16 years! :> Love this card, how the church reminds you of the one you got married in! Perfect!

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Anniversary Heather and I love your pretty card, simple yet absolutely stunning.

Dawn T said...

Happy Anniversary Heather to you and your darling Hubby... what a beautiful image on your card. Just like that is so stunning

Fika said...

what a beautiful card Heather and happy anniversary to you and your DH.. hope your special day filled with lots of love and joy :)

And guess what? you won my little guessing game!! Whoohooo.. congrats Heather, let me know your addy and i will sent it out on next Monday :) :)

Suzanne C said...

This is really lovely! I love that you kept the card very clean and showcased the beautiful church image. Happy Anniversary!

Deirdre said...

Heather, congrats to you and your hubby on your anniversary - hope you have a wonderful weekend.

sideoats + scribbles said...

Happy happy anniversary! 16 years, yay! We just celebrated our 13 year anni in August -- time really does fly, doesn't it? HUGS! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails