I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve posted anything – I nearly had to wipe away the cobwebs to get into the blog! I’ve been busy with non stamping things and also have made cards I can’t show just yet for friends’ upcoming birthdays and Anita’s fun Valentine card exchange.
Today I’d love to show you two wonderful cards that my good friend Trinh, who I got to know through the Hero Arts Flickr group, sent me along with a brilliant array of stamping goodies. Thanks again Trinh! We both thought the package had gone astray in the post as it obviously decided to take a very scenic route and took all of 32 days to get from the U.S. to Ireland! It was well worth waiting for these beauties though.
First up is a gorgeous, gorgeous Christmas card.
I wish you could see it in real life to see the amazing all over shimmer.
The second one is just adorable and just my cup of tea. If you know me you’ll know I love my tea (more about that later) so I love this card with its beautiful design, colours and embellishing. Think I need to make a cup of tea now!
Speaking about the lovely and talented Trinh, during the week she gave me the two awards above. Thanks again Trinh for the awards! I’ve never made up one of these lists before but here goes.
1. I’m more of a morning person than a night owl.
2. When I was a child I wanted to be a window cleaner. I often used to see a window cleaner at our local shopping centre and I thought a bucket of soapy water and a squeegee would be the coolest things to play with for a job. Now cleaning the windows is one of the jobs I’m not really keen on about the house!
3. I love my tea. I always start the day with a cuppa and probably have 8\10 cups a day. It has to be weak with lots of milk so it sort of looks like hot milk with a slight tinge of colour.
4. Foods I don’t like – fish, Turkish delight, beetroot.
5. I have always loved travelling but after a few bad experiences on flights I hate flying. Living on an island I just have to try to get over it as much as I can.
6. My favourite city is Paris and favourite natural area would be a tie between Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. In Ireland my favourite city is Galway and natural area a tie between Wicklow and Kerry. Can you tell I prefer the countryside to cities?!
7. Some of my family call me Head, Heads or Headie.
8. I would spend more time in a craft shop or book shop than I would in a clothes shop.
9. I LOVE chocolate and love chocolate with nuts even more.
10. I started wearing glasses when I was 16. The thoughts of putting in contact lenses makes my eyes water and as for laser eye surgery – aaaagh!!
I’m supposed to pass these awards on to other bloggers. I would love any of you reading this to take these awards. Please let me know if you do - I'd love to read your list:)