Monday, January 3, 2011

Surrounded by Love

As soon as I saw Lisa’s post on the Hero Arts blog this morning I wanted to make a card. Lisa created an adorable card inspired by her super cute card on page 74 of the catalogue. I love these cards and decided to use them to come up with an idea for my hubby’s Valentine.

Lucy is sharing a sketch and card every day this week on her blog so I decided to use her sketch from Day 2. I may have strayed a bit too far off the sketch though!

Surrounded by Love - Inspired by Lisa
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Heart Owls, Designer Woodgrain, Buttons, Flourish Background, Tree Birds & Messages.

The card came together pretty quickly. Most of the pieces on the card were in my pile of scraps - I really have to use more of them! The owls were coloured with watercolour pencils and I perched them on a twig which came from an old Christmas decoration. I made the heart wreath using the cute little heart shaped button from the Buttons set. The buttons were covered with a layer of Glossy Accents and some yarn threaded through the buttonholes. Thanks to Sue for the brown twine I used for the loop on the wreath. One of the scraps I used for the background had been clear embossed with the woodgrain stamp. On the other one I had applied walnut stain distress ink to white card and stamped, spritzed and spattered with water.

21 comments:

Barb said...

I love every detail, Heather! Adorable card! Your heart wreath looks fabulous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I so love this card, Heather - lucky Philip! Especially love the heart wreath stitched together - looks great around your sweet owl couple!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my..Heather! This is such a SUPER SWEET card! Love your creativity and design! It will melt your hubby's heart :)

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous card for your hubby, heather! good luck with the challenge!

Patricia said...

Omg Heather is the most adorable card I see is super cute =P

Nancy said...

This is so fabulous...each element just adds to the brilliance of this wonderful card design! Love it, Heather!
bless you...

Anita Rex said...

Hi! Your card really made me smile! :> Love that heart wreath!

Maureen Morton said...

Heather - oh, my! This is waaaaaay too cute. I love all the elements - the textures, the shine, and the cute little owls (I am crazy for googley eyes!). This is a real winner. I am proud of you.

Sanne said...

What a great idea Heather - love the little hearts and the owls - aweeeee

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh Heather, this is so super duper sweet! Those hearts are just fabulous and the owls perched on a twig -- total cuteness! Love that it's an old decoration, too! HUGS! :)

Lucy Abrams said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS in every way. What a sweet card!!!!

Vicky said...

Wow!! I can't even describe how much I like this card! Just gorgeous!

Deirdre said...

Love it Heather - beautiful.

walchowDesign said...

Wow! Love the heart wreath! such adorable owls too, Heather!

Nat said...

wow, I love this! these owls are my favorite! great design :)

Deirdre said...

Heather, congrats on your win on Moxie Fab World...woooooohooooooo! So thrilled for you. That wreath of flowers is just AMAZING.

Suzanne C said...

Love this! So sweet and cute! The owls framed in hearts is too adorable. CONGRATS on your Moxie Fab win! So happy for you! That wreath is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

this is sooo gorgeous Heather! Also huge congrats on your Moxie Fab win!!! That wreath was absolutely stunning!! :)

Monika Reeck said...

Ach this owl so cuutee I smile looking at your sweet arrangement Heather...it was 1 year I never seen on your blog again since I start my school no time to blogging or creating...miss you really my friend...LOVELY CARD...

Monika Reeck said...

CONGRATS on your win on HA and Moxie Fab too your creation really STUNNING and adorable dear...hugs

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Adorable card, Heather!

Related Posts with Thumbnails