Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stitched Butterfly and Wild Flowers

This card was inspired by Sally Traidman’s gorgeous fabric flowers on the cover of the 2011 Hero Arts catalogue plus some cute cards on page 16 of the catalogue.

Stitched Butterfly and Wild Flowers
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Antique Engravings, Wild Flowers, Old Letter Writing & Messages.

The red card base has been stamped with the Old Letter Writing stamp using VersaMark. For the panel I frayed a piece of fabric, stamped the wild flowers image with a brown ink and added gems.

The butterfly is made up of three layers - two pieces of fabric with a piece of wadding sandwiched in the middle. I stamped the butterfly on the top piece of fabric and using a sewing machine stitched the outline and some of the details.

Stitched Butterfly

Then I trimmed the fabric close to the stitched edging. To finish the butterfly I just added some thread for the antennae and wooden beads on the body. The sentiment is white embossed and the ladybird was coloured with a marker and a layer of Glossy Accents applied for some sheen.

19 comments:

Lin said...

Girl, you are AMAZING!! What a gorgeous design!! Well done, my friend!!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow! Your butterfly is absolutely AMAZING!

gaijinjoy said...

Heather, this card is absolutely stunning. What a clever use of different textures and techniques. Ingenious!

Brenda said...

That is so beautiful Heather! I love all the texture and the lovely wooden beads on the butterfly body!

Patricia said...

wowwwwwwwww Heather your card is amazing I love the stitched butterfly =P

Rosemary said...

you do such amazing things with fabric, heather!! lovely card!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Heather, you always blow me away with your creativity! This is absolutely fabulous!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Heather this is gorgeous! I love the fabric butterfly so pretty! And what a great idea!

Deirdre said...

Ahem, another winner! Unbelievable... your are a genius.

walchowDesign said...

Another beauty, Heather! Love the butterfly stitching and also the stamped fabric! Love the wooden beads too!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Heather this is stunning, as Deirdre said I am sure its another winner. You are so creative and always inspire me to get out my sewing machine.

Barb said...

Heather, this is such a work of art! I love every single detail! So beautifully done!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

......don't know what to say...
you are incredible AMAZING...Heather!!!
this is GORGEOUS!!

Trinh said...

My oh my, Heather! You always manage to leave me stunned when I see one of your cards. I agree with Barb, this is a work of art!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Love all those details and textures Heather! :)

Dawn T said...

totally stunning Heather!!!!!!!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Beautiful butterfly, Heather. Hugs.

Nancy said...

I just love the way you combine stamping and fabric, Heather. This is so creative! You are so inspiring!

Suzanne C said...

Wow! Love your fabric butterfly! He turned out beautifully on your lovely card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails