Monday, January 10, 2011

Moonlight and Dragonflies

This card was inspired by two gorgeous cards on page 11 of the 2011 Hero Arts catalogue.

DSCN7003
Stamps (Hero Arts) – Wild Flowers, Antique Engravings & Scallop Borders.

To start with I used a circle as a mask and applied distress inks (shabby shutters, broken china and faded jeans) to white card. After the mask was removed I stamped the Wild Flowers image twice and added some beautiful gems which Maureen and Sue had kindly sent me – thanks again girls! The dragonflies were stamped on glossy paper which had been covered with alcohol inks. I silver embossed the scallops on black card and framed the scene. Then I just finished off with a bit of machine stitching.

I'm submitting the card into these challenges:

Hero Arts - Inspired by the 2011 Catalogue & Card Insides.

Moving Along with the Time challenge - Ring out the old Ring in the New. Old stash (silver embossing powder & glossy paper) & new stash (gems from friends)

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 146 - Out with the Old. Old stash - silver embossing powder & glossy paper.

Double Dutch Challenge #59 - Make a Scene (using masking).

Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge - New and Blue (the gems)


Now I'm off to see if the Hero Arts blog hop has started!

21 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Lovely pastel colours, Heather! The scallop silver embossed border is great with the blues.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! I love this! It looks like a real moonlit scene :)

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Heather, this is FABULOUS! I am going to have to try this...I love those wildflowers, and the moon is so serene! Beautiful!

Karina Beck said...

SO beautiful love the colours and the Moon!

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous card, heather! your talent is neverending!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Heather, your design always knock my socks off. This card is so gorgeous!

Libby Hickson said...

Completely gorgeous, Heather!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, my!! Absolutely fabulous masking! I feel like I'm sitting outside under a brilliant sky line looking up, what beauty!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

So beautiful, Heather.

donna mikasa said...

This looks like a winner to me! Love it!!

Anne said...

Wow- what a beauty Heather! Love the many shades of blue you used here and those dragonflies are so pretty! I also love the silver and black scalloped frame.

Nancy said...

This card is so striking, Heather. Just like a painting!

Dawn T said...

totally stunning Heather. Love the colour scheme and the gems and dragonflies looks perfect on the card.

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful design Heather and love the dragonflies!

Nat said...

stunning design, love all these beautiful details and your amazing style!! :)

Lisa Jane said...

beautiful card - i love that scene and the little 3d butterflies
Lisa ;)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

OH this is just gorgeous!! Must have a go at this got all the gear & no idea lol

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, i love it, Thanks for joining in on MAWTT Hazelxox

Suzanne C said...

Stunning! I saw it in the reader and thought ooohhhh.. Love your scene at midnight. I never to think to leave the moon clean and it is gorgeous!!!!

Andrea said...

so beautiful!

Tracey said...

OMG!!!!! This is GORGEOUSS!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails